Thread: Another FNG

1. Default Another FNG

Hey guys, My name is Jesse and I'm a 29 year old Police Officer from Volusia County Florida. I'm new to the site and new to cigar smoking. I've literally only had two cigars in my life, a Romeo Y Julieto 1875 (i think it was) and a La Aroma De Cuba EE in the past weeks. Still learning a lot about the different types, sizes, origins, proper etiquette, etc...there's quite a bit to learn but I'm enjoying it.

The main reason I recently started trying cigars (which is kind of silly) is because my new home I recently purchased has a decked out cigar/wine room in it. I enjoy wine, bourbon, and am a bit of a craft beer geek so I thought why not try a few cigars. I've enjoyed the ones I've tried so far and feel lucky to have such a badass room to enjoy them in. I've only smoked 2 cigars like I said as a weekend thing so I'm not really even sure what I'm into yet. I've already gathered a small list of brands to try based on this site but any suggestions are definitely welcome.

Cheers!

My cigar room I dont really deserve, LOL. *old pics I took with phone before buying the place*

Last edited by fiveoh; 01-18-2013 at 07:42 AM.

Welcome Jesse!

3. Default

Welcome to the world of cigars!

Welcome!

You're not horribly far away from Orlando and the Corona Cigar Company stores. You must make a trip - chat with the staff - and try a couple of their suggestions. Well worth the time!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Welcome!

You're not horribly far away from Orlando and the Corona Cigar Company stores. You must make a trip - chat with the staff - and try a couple of their suggestions. Well worth the time!
    Was at the Corona in Lake Mary last weekend. The A La Aroma De Cuba was recommended by a staff member. Wasn't disappointed.

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Welcome from Eastern Oregon.
    Just another day at the office!

Quote Originally Posted by fiveoh View Post
    Was at the Corona in Lake Mary last weekend. The A La Aroma De Cuba was recommended by a staff member. Wasn't disappointed.
    I love it when Avo Uvezian plays piano at the Lake Mary store. If you've not been to the other location, you're in for a treat. The selection is MUCH better than Lake Mary!

8. Default

La aroma de cuba is one of my favorites. I forget the name of my favorite, but its the one with the two ladies on the band.

9. Default

I love it when Avo Uvezian plays piano at the Lake Mary store. If you've not been to the other location, you're in for a treat. The selection is MUCH better than Lake Mary!
    I'll have to keep an eye out for Avo Uvezian. I enjoy live piano and thought they only had acoustic guitar going on.

Yes, I was told by someone that the Orlando location was a lot bigger and had a larger selection of cigars....which is hard to believe. I thought Lake Mry was pretty stacked. LOL

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 76794p View Post
    La aroma de cuba is one of my favorites. I forget the name of my favorite, but its the one with the two ladies on the band.
    The one with the two chicks is the one I smoked, the EE. :)

I'll have to keep an eye out for Avo Uvezian. I enjoy live piano and thought they only had acoustic guitar going on.

Yes, I was told by someone that the Orlando location was a lot bigger and had a larger selection of cigars....which is hard to believe. I thought Lake Mry was pretty stacked. LOL
    When you go to the Orlando location, look out for the Avo special cigars. He blends "special" cigars only for Corona. He has a very close relationship with the owner. I especially like the Avo Boris 11 (if you can still pick them up).

Blog Entries

The one with the two chicks is the one I smoked, the EE. :)

They call that one "Two Aromas de Cuba", right?

JK,JK,LOL,OMG, LOL.

Either way, welcome fiveoh. I'm totally jealous that you have a badass cigar room in your house. Get hooked up with a newbie sampler here and enjoy that room.

13. Default

When you go to the Orlando location, look out for the Avo special cigars. He blends "special" cigars only for Corona. He has a very close relationship with the owner. I especially like the Avo Boris 11 (if you can still pick them up).
    Thanks for the tip.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    They call that one "Two Aromas de Cuba", right?

JK,JK,LOL,OMG, LOL.

Either way, welcome fiveoh. I'm totally jealous that you have a badass cigar room in your house. Get hooked up with a newbie sampler here and enjoy that room.
    LOL. I've got a sampler coming from a member on another site. Looking forward to it.

Yeah, the room is sick...I'll take some better pics soon and give more details on the specs and what it has done to it when I figure it all out. I'm still in the process of moving. Did u see older pics i posted on CA? Eh Ill just stick em in here as well.
    Last edited by fiveoh; 01-18-2013 at 07:38 AM.

Hi and welcome to the board from Alberta, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    I'm totally jealous that you have a badass cigar room in your house. Get hooked up with a newbie sampler here and enjoy that room.
    You think you're jealous, try living here in the winter time and being a cigar smoker..........LOL

I can't smoke them in my house (wifey says they stink) so I"m reduced to using my hunting trailer which I leave parked in my driveway all winter for that very purpose. I've already run through two 20lb propane tanks this winter and will likely kill two more before it gets warm enough outside to sit and smoke on my deck. Typically I go start the heater 2 or 3 hours (depending on temp outside) before I go for my cigar so it's reasonably warm inside by the time I get out there to smoke.

LOL. I've got a sampler coming from a member on another site. Looking forward to it.

Yeah, the room is sick...I'll take some better pics soon and give more details on the specs and what it has done to it when I figure it all out. I'm still in the process of moving. Did u see older pics i posted on CA? Eh Ill just stick em in here as well.
    I noticed a couple built in wine coolers.........does it have a built in humidor too?
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

16. Default

wow! Love the pictures. ...very nice.

Welcome from western Oregon.
    Latest smokes:
    Cigar: 5/19: Nub Connecticut 464T
    Pipe: 3/16: G.L. Pease~Charing Cross

Blog Entries

Welcome to the board

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    Hi and welcome to the board from Alberta, Canada

You think you're jealous, try living here in the winter time and being a cigar smoker..........LOL

I can't smoke them in my house (wifey says they stink) so I"m reduced to using my hunting trailer which I leave parked in my driveway all winter for that very purpose. I've already run through two 20lb propane tanks this winter and will likely kill two more before it gets warm enough outside to sit and smoke on my deck. Typically I go start the heater 2 or 3 hours (depending on temp outside) before I go for my cigar so it's reasonably warm inside by the time I get out there to smoke.

I noticed a couple built in wine coolers.........does it have a built in humidor too?

No humidor...The room is sealed and has a smoke eater though.

Thread Information