Thread: Humidor help!

1. Default Humidor help!

Hi there!

I have a silly question! I recently bought my first humidor and am trying to work out where and how I add the distiller water to the mechanism! Sorry for the silly question! Please see the picture below:

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/vie...d=190778009226

I am currently on deployment, so I live on my ship, DDG 86 USS Shoup

See the round thing next to the hygrometer with the grate in front of it? That comes off and it should have a sponge inside. Thats where the distilled water goes. Or you could use 50/50 PG/distilled water solution, they sell it at most tobacco shops and all online cigar shops have it as well, and it will help regulate the humidity better.

There are also other options for humidifying other than the sponge your humidor came with, look into those as well.

Also do a quick search on seasoning your humidifier before you load it up with smokes

Blog Entries

I highly recommend Heartfelt humi beads.

4. Default

Ah ha! Thank you both for your help! I'm on it!

I would suggest you have a look at some beads. The company you'll want to look into is Heartfelt Beads. They even have a calculator you can use to figure out the correct amount of beads to use in your particular humidor.

Also, I would recommend not relying on the analog hygrometer if you decide to not use beads. A good digital hygrometer will perform much more reliably than that cheap analog one. I use, and very much like, Caliber hygrometers. I have a couple of III's but they've recently come out with a IV that is the same price more or less. Check on Amazon.com, I believe they're about $15
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

I am currently on deployment, so I live on my ship, DDG 86 USS Shoup

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    I would suggest you have a look at some beads. The company you'll want to look into is Heartfelt Beads. They even have a calculator you can use to figure out the correct amount of beads to use in your particular humidor.

Also, I would recommend not relying on the analog hygrometer if you decide to not use beads. A good digital hygrometer will perform much more reliably than that cheap analog one. I use, and very much like, Caliber hygrometers. I have a couple of III's but they've recently come out with a IV that is the same price more or less. Check on Amazon.com, I believe they're about $15
    I still need to look into these beads... I have a bunch on Boveda packs, but once those run out I think i'm gonna try the beads. Everyone seems to like em!

Default Boveda

Season your box with an 84% boveda pack. Put it in, close the lid, don't touch it for a week.
    No fuss no muss.

Then pick your preferred humidity (they come in 69, 72, 75, 84, percents) and switch it out and you're all set.

Those sponges are so much more of a hassle, a boveda will work for 2 months without the need to change em and they're crazy cheap to replace.

Thread Information