Thread: Acid Toast = YUK

I am currently on deployment, so I live on my ship, DDG 86 USS Shoup

Default Acid Toast = YUK

Well, I had to do it... Curiosity got the best of me... I had never tried an Acid, but everywhere I read I saw that they were bashed on and people said they were gross, abominations to tobacco, that sort of thing... So naturally, that made me want to try one to see what the fuss was all about. So, I bought an Acid Toast. I figured, hell lets see for myself why these get such a bad rep...

I was astonished. It was disgusting! It tasted like rotten, acrid sweet tea... Before I lit it up I had a taste of the cap and thought it was pleasant but as soon as I took a few puffs on it I felt like I wanted to be done I forced myself to smoke it just about half way down to see if it would get any better but it just didnt.

Im not too experianced... but I feel like I can safely say that has to either be an aquired taste or something that it takes a different, unusual sort of preference to enjoy. I certqainly agree with every negetive thing I have read and heard about them now... Maybe in a year or two I will try again and see if they are any different. Are they all like this? Theres so many blends by Acid that I wonder if they all taste that gross or if some of them actually have a decent flavor to them.... Im not willing to put my money on the line to test that theory, haha, but maybe someday I will feel adventerous enough to try a different one from them.

Now that all that has been said... The cigar DID seem well constructed, burned evenly for the half that I smoked, and had a good draw... Just not my cup of tea on flavor.

Give it one more chance this time pick up a acid nasty.
    I didn't even make it half way with that maggot gaging cigar from hell.

Hey on the puss side it is a cigar you will never forget. "kind of like when i zipped my pecker up in my pants when i was 12" till they day i die ill remember that experience.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Smoking Acid's tells me a lot about the person smoking them.

If you don't know any better, it makes sense you'd try an Acid (they're very gimmicky, designed to appeal to younger cigar smokers).

If you do know better.... Well... errrr.... you're one sick puppy...

4. Default

I've never smoked one. The humidor at my B$M where they keep them smells like an old big bottomed hippie woman's bed room. That was all I needed to know. Now I know some wise ass is going to ask, "How do you know what a big bottomed hippie woman's bedroom smells like?" Well how do you think I know? A piece of ass is a piece of ass. An Acid is not a cigar.

Doc
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Doc View Post
    I've never smoked one. The humidor at my B$M where they keep them smells like an old big bottomed hippie woman's bed room. That was all I needed to know. Now I know some wise ass is going to ask, "How do you know what a big bottomed hippie woman's bedroom smells like?" Well how do you think I know? A piece of ass is a piece of ass. An Acid is not a cigar.

Doc
    Yep, and in the range of possible smells involved....stale incense isn't so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    Give it one more chance this time pick up a acid nasty.
    I didn't even make it half way with that maggot gaging cigar from hell.

Hey on the puss side it is a cigar you will never forget. "kind of like when i zipped my pecker up in my pants when i was 12" till they day i die ill remember that experience.
    Haha... On the "puss" side... Verry punny

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Yep, and in the range of possible smells involved....stale incense isn't so bad.
    I was always a fan of incense actually...

Thread Information