Thread: www.zigarrenlounge.eu finally in English. Yiiehaa!

Red face www.zigarrenlounge.eu finally in English. Yiiehaa!

Hello everybody,

I put this rainy Sunday to good use and finally made my webpage bilingual ( so far). You can choose English via the little flag in the top left corner. And why should you do that?
    On this page you can find a quite big number of establishments which are either cigar lounges or places where you can smoke a cigar whithout getting remarks or worse. And you can also add new addresses or rate places you know.
    So far due to the fact that this page was until yesterday only available in German the most addresses come from the German speaking countries. The goal ist to gather places all over Europe, so you can find a place to smoke when you are on travel or just want to go somewhere else than where you always go for a smoke.
    www.zigarrenlounge.eu

So please add missing places, rate existing addresses and if my translation was to hilarious, please let me know what I should correct.
    Aaaand: If your mothertounge is one of the European languages and you want to make your fellow smokers happy, then write me an email if you are able to translate the page ( Do not fear, it is not much) to your mothertongue.

So far many Greetings from rainy Düsseldorf

Calamity Jane

PS: I waited for this post over a year, so yes I am quite entustiastic at the moment!

You're a piece of shit to embed that link into the thread title.

I can't see your site being very useful to the most of the members of this forum. You've quite a bit more work to do to make that site English friendly.

Blog Entries

Cigarlounges in Europe

Where to go if your are on travel and want to smoke a cigar or pipe without getting baleful eyes from your environment?

THis site listet cigar lounges and cigar smoker friendly places throughout Europe. If you know one which is missing please add it diectly here. You can also rate a place you have visitied and help you fellow smokers making their choice where to go.

Newly added addressed are personally reviewd to ensure the quality of this website. So if you added an address please be patient for 1-2 days , then your entry is listet for everybody.
    LMFAO!

ClamyJane is making Mrs. Crabtree's head spin.

My favorite one is the "baleful eyes from your environment"
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    I can't see your site being very useful to the most of the members of this forum. You've quite a bit more work to do to make that site English friendly.
    Hi and thanks for your reply.
    Why do you think this site isn't useful? Is this forum visited only by non European cigar smokers?
    Can you give me more detailed input on what you are missing to make this page more English friendly?

Calamity Jane

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    LMFAO!

Es ist ziemlich einfach sich darüber lustig zu machen, wenn jemand nciht in seiner Muttersprache schreibt. Danke für Deinen konstruktiven Beitrag für ein Projekt in das jemand privat einiges an Zeit investiert hat.
    Sicherheitshalber schreibe ich in Deutsch. Du kannst es mit Google übersetzen und Dich nochmal amüsieren.

Calamity Jane

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityJane View Post
    Hi and thanks for your reply.
    Why do you think this site isn't useful? Is this forum visited only by non European cigar smokers?
    Can you give me more detailed input on what you are missing to make this page more English friendly?

Calamity Jane
    Since a number of our members travel and may visit Germany, it's not an issue of non-European cigar smokers on this site. It's really more of an issue of how many cigar smokers who speak German on this site. We don't have very many of those.

In this day of so many government regulations regarding smoking in all of its forms, there's a need for cigar smokers knowing cigar friendly establishments - regardless of the location (Europe, Asia, North America, etc.). But - if it is written in a language specific to a region - it does little good unless the region is heavily represented.

You can either look to post your link to a German language cigar smokers site, or think about converting the German to a language the members of this community could read.

LMFAO!

Apparently, Germany's Mrs. Crabtree concurs with you. When I ran this description from her website through Google Translate...

Wunderbares Geschäft mit großzügigen Räumen und Rauchmöglichkeiten. Die Spreeterasse ist bei schönem Wetter absolut super.
    ...it made a spelling correction recommendation (e.g. Spreeterasse should be Spreeterrasse).
    Last edited by ggiese; 02-05-2013 at 05:49 PM.

Es ist ziemlich einfach sich darüber lustig zu machen, wenn jemand nciht in seiner Muttersprache schreibt. Danke für Deinen konstruktiven Beitrag für ein Projekt in das jemand privat einiges an Zeit investiert hat.
    Sicherheitshalber schreibe ich in Deutsch. Du kannst es mit Google übersetzen und Dich nochmal amüsieren.

Calamity Jane

Lassen Sie sich nicht gemein zu CoventryCat. Er hat wirklich nicht gut meinen.

Ich weiß, Englisch nicht Ihre erste Sprache, aber Sie sind auf einem englischsprachigen Forum. Wenn Sie auf englischsprachigen Website veröffentlichen wollen, wäre es am besten lernen, wie man auf Englisch zu schreiben, so dass Sie nicht verwirren niemanden.

Since a number of our members travel and may visit Germany, it's not an issue of non-European cigar smokers on this site. It's really more of an issue of how many cigar smokers who speak German on this site. We don't have very many of those.

In this day of so many government regulations regarding smoking in all of its forms, there's a need for cigar smokers knowing cigar friendly establishments - regardless of the location (Europe, Asia, North America, etc.). But - if it is written in a language specific to a region - it does little good unless the region is heavily represented.

You can either look to post your link to a German language cigar smokers site, or think about converting the German to a language the members of this community could read.
    Thank you for your comment. Yes, at the moment most lounges come from the German speaking areas. Not only Germany, but also Switzerland and Austria. In the last months also lounges all over Europe were added like Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Serbia etc...

Visitors can add new addresses / loactions and I hope to get more input from the non DACH countries in the near future. Since I started now finally with a second language and hope to add some more as soon as I have translators I guess there will also be ratings in other languages.
    The ratings of the lounges are written by visitors, not by myself. If I would write them myself it would not be, what this project is created for. Also I cannot imagine who should translate all the comments if they will be written in all 19 languages spoken in Europe. So you see the target group for this website are cigar smokers all over Europe and not cigar smokers in Germany. Like with youtube you get comments in all languages.

It is a project which can help any travelling cigar smoker and I hope for people sharing their favourite locations especially as mentioned by you that in some areas the legal restrictions are getting worse by the year.

Lassen Sie sich nicht gemein zu CoventryCat. Er hat wirklich nicht gut meinen.

Ich weiß, Englisch nicht Ihre erste Sprache, aber Sie sind auf einem englischsprachigen Forum. Wenn Sie auf englischsprachigen Website veröffentlichen wollen, wäre es am besten lernen, wie man auf Englisch zu schreiben, so dass Sie nicht verwirren niemanden.

just a little to think about:
    in my team at work we are 2 Germans, 1 guy from Poland, 1 Vietnamese grown up in France and soon a new colleague from Moscow. We communicate in English most of the time. If we all would wait until we are fluent in English like we were grown up in Oxford it would be quite silent.

Of course some might think it would be an improvement, especially the team sharing the room with us

Blog Entries

Calamity Jane
    I'd reply to your post if you stated it in English. I don't know one word or German.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

I'd reply to your post if you stated it in English. I don't know one word or German.
    Since you found my English soooo funny I thought I rather write in German.

But a honest word to you all.... this thread seems to be a bit troll infested. So I leave you to have fun together and will delete my account.

Bye.

Since you found my English soooo funny I thought I rather write in German.

But a honest word to you all.... this thread seems to be a bit troll infested. So I leave you to have fun together and will delete my account.

Bye.
    "Troll infested"? ClammyJane - c'mon - you haven't been around nearly long enough to identify trolls on this board...

I'm going to do you a favor - I'm going to lock this thread so it's left here for as long as anyone cares to research European smoking establishment - or your endeavor fails (whichever comes first)...

Thread Information