Thread: Good box of cigars as a gift

1. Default Good box of cigars as a gift

My school has a junior ring ceremony every year. I have thought about asking for a box of cigars instead a ring. What would be a good box? I like medium to full bodied cigars that are not maduro.

Quote Originally Posted by 76794p View Post
    My school has a junior ring ceremony every year. I have thought about asking for a box of cigars instead a ring. What would be a good box? I like medium to full bodied cigars that are not maduro.
    Am I missing something? "Junior ring ceremony"? That leads me to believe you would be under 18...

...and you can ask for a box of cigars instead of a class ring???

Say it ain't so.

3. Default

I am 18. Repeated 9th grade so i could graduate with my sister. Born 7/27/1994. As regards to asking for cigars instead of a ring,yes. People have gotten everything from cars to fishing rods.

I am 18. Repeated 9th grade so i could graduate with my sister. Born 7/27/1994. As regards to asking for cigars instead of a ring,yes. People have gotten everything from cars to fishing rods.
    You kids nowadays... Little rascals...

Forget the cigars (a box is relatively inexpensive) - I'd hold out for a Porsche. But that's just me...

If you're going for cigars, despite all of the more practical gifts you could receive, you might as well shoot for the moon. Go for a box of Davidoff Anniversario #1's. You won't be sorry.
    Last edited by ggiese; 02-10-2013 at 10:56 PM.

5. Default

Anything less expensive? I am thinking a box of A Fuente Hemmingways in toro or churchill.

Repeated 9th grade so i could graduate with my sister.
    How noble of you. Your girlfriend, I mean sister must be so proud. Forget the cigars, I think a pouch of Redman would fit the bill nicely.

Relax, just messin' with ya.

Anything less expensive? I am thinking a box of A Fuente Hemmingways in toro or churchill.
    Personally, I prefer Padron thousand series for a bargain smoke. YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Am I missing something? "Junior ring ceremony"? That leads me to believe you would be under 18...

...and you can ask for a box of cigars instead of a class ring???

Say it ain't so.
    hahahaha! yeah, get Nissan GTR or something equally bad ass.

Quote Originally Posted by FightingFish View Post
    hahahaha! yeah, get Nissan GTR or something equally bad ass.
    Oh, yeah... That's what I'd go for! The Nissan GTR!!!

Less expensive?!?! C'mon - don't sell yourself short!!! You're worth EVERY PENNY!!!

I'd sell it as "at least I didn't ask for a Porsche..."

BTW - I'm really scratching my head on this one. I was unaware it is now stylish to opt for cash/prizes instead of the traditional high school class ring. I really must be a complete meanie - because if my youngins didn't want one, I would not buy one. Period. ...and their grades had better be in the range that I'd be tempted to buy one in the first place!!!
    Last edited by ggiese; 02-11-2013 at 08:08 AM.

Thread Information