Thread: New member checking in and looking for recommendations.

1. Default New member checking in and looking for recommendations.

Hey y'all I'm relatively new to cigars and my palette is very limited, was looking for some advice o e so e nice cigars to try. My current favorites are a. Fuente Hemingway, Ghurka Grand Reserve Maduro, and cohiba. I've also enjoyed some Olivia and RyJ Churchill. Any recommendations or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've only been enjoying cigars for about 4years and am looking to branch out and discover some good economical cigars.

Quote Originally Posted by Southerngent View Post
    Hey y'all I'm relatively new to cigars and my palette is very limited, was looking for some advice o e so e nice cigars to try. My current favorites are a. Fuente Hemingway, Ghurka Grand Reserve Maduro, and cohiba. I've also enjoyed some Olivia and RyJ Churchill. Any recommendations or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've only been enjoying cigars for about 4years and am looking to branch out and discover some good economical cigars.
    Hi from Alberta, Canada

I make it a point every time I go to my favorite B&M to buy something I have never tried before. There are so many good cigars out there, it would be a long list if one tried to name them all. Here's a couple names for you: Padron and Rocky Patel

If you're going to be hanging out here for a while, you may want to try a newbie sampler or two with some of the older, established members.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Quote Originally Posted by Southerngent View Post
    I think this is the most asked question for new members on this forum - "I've been smoking cigars, but what's the best cigar to smoke that's cheap..."

...you have your own preferences, and it would be difficult (without knowing you) to make recommendations you would like. We can made general recommendations, but (as CptnBlues recommends) - stick around here, read the past posts, involve yourself in the newbie sampler thread, ask your local B&M what they recommend, etc - and stay completely open minded. You just never know where it will take you!

4. Default Thank you

Thank you all for the recommendations, I'm looking forward to picking up a few of these and giving them a try.

I have moved this discussion from a thread intended for other purposes, to prevent that discussion from being distracted.

Carry on!

Thread Information