Thread: Where can I legally sell some of my cigars? Is it legal?

Default Where can I legally sell some of my cigars? Is it legal?

Hi All,

I have a HUGE cigar collection and I'm wanting to sell some of them (full boxes) as I don't think it's humanly possible to smoke this many in my lifetime.

Is there anyway to do this? Or do i just have to gift them away to friends?

Any help much appreciated!

-Sam

Very interesting first post...

3. Default

Very interesting indeed. Smells fishy.

Quote Originally Posted by samoe View Post
    Hi All,

I have a HUGE cigar collection and I'm wanting to sell some of them (full boxes) as I don't think it's humanly possible to smoke this many in my lifetime.

-Sam
    Do you have any boxes of Cohiba's with the glass top? They're very rare and hard to find and I would be interested in a box of those.
    Last edited by CptnBlues63; 02-21-2013 at 11:05 AM. Reason: dropped a letter and had to edit this to put it back in place....
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    Do you have any boxes of Cohiba's with the glass top? They're very rare and hard to find and I would be interested in a box of those.
    Haha nice! :)

Blog Entries

Hi All,

-Sam
    You don't have to gift them away to "friends," I'll take any and all you're willing to send to me. Send me an email and I'll reply with my address.

Thanks!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Looks like a duck....smells like a duck...sounds like a duck....

Quote Originally Posted by bondo007man View Post
    Looks like a duck....smells like a duck...sounds like a duck....
    Smell ducks often?

Haha I fully understand that for a first post this looks dodgy...

I have the following that I want to get rid of:

4x boxes of Montecristo A's
    4x boxes of Montecristo Number 1's

This is not a scam and if one of you can tell me a way to prove it I'd be happy to do it - video skype call with me showing you the boxes? email address, name and phone number of the personal I deal with at my local cigar shop who can provide receipts?

Not dodgy at all and happy to prove it!

-Sam

Who are you? More importantly - why would anyone in their right mind video Skype you so you can prove you're "legit"?

Did you perhaps think you've joined some kind of cigar version of Craig's list? If so - it would be best to polish up your manners and rethink your entrance into this community.

Who am I?

I'm a 29 year old businessman that enjoys smoking 1-2 cuban cigars a week with a couple of good friends that share the same interest.

I never talk in forums because I have always had a philosophy of doing rather than talking about.

I have a huge collection of cigars and I'm simply asking if there is a way I can sell some of them legally?

People questioned that I was a scammer so to prove that I was not I offered some suggestions.

You my friend are the reason why I don't belong/contribute to forums.

More time is spent/wasted defending oneself, trying to prove a meaningless point or trying to improve their desired but so far from real "Image".

I prefer to spend my time racing 911 turbos, smoking cigars in good company with a glass of scotch or living in the real world.

I guess im just going to have to keep them.

Who am I?

I'm a 29 year old businessman that enjoys smoking 1-2 cuban cigars a week with a couple of good friends that share the same interest.

I never talk in forums because I have always had a philosophy of doing rather than talking about.

I have a huge collection of cigars and I'm simply asking if there is a way I can sell some of them legally?

People questioned that I was a scammer so to prove that I was not I offered some suggestions.

More time is spent/wasted defending oneself, trying to prove a meaningless point or trying to improve their desired but so far from real "Image".

I prefer to spend my time racing 911 turbos, smoking cigars in good company with a glass of scotch or living in the real world.

Well - there you go! Now we know more about you. And more importantly - what you're about.

So your gig is to impress people (e.g. Race Porshce's, smoke "Cuban" cigars, drink high end spirits, etc.). You're ego driven.

That's exactly why these forums impress me. We weed the "Flash in the Pan's" out in short order and retain a community of quality individuals that love to relax and enjoy a cigar. The long time folks I'm used to in these communities would open their house and their hearts because they're genuine. Funny thing is - some of them race Porsche's, some smoke Cuban cigars and drink high end spirits. Strange how that works...

No - my friend - you'll never be able to defend the indefensible. I seriously doubt you'd like this place...

P. T. Barnum was not wrong. I'm quite certain you'll find people to buy your "Cuban" cigars.

Who am I?

Wow, I AM impressed. When I grow up, I want to be JUST like you...

LOL

You're so full of yourself, I bet you call your own name out when you get laid...

If you live in the US, those "Cuban's" are illegal. Therefore, selling them would also be illegal. Now, I live in Canada and can legally buy real Cuban cigars at any B&M so why would I want to risk getting ripped off by doing business with someone I don't know???

You seem to have missed the point of this forum and others like it so I'll give it to you in as simple words as I can. It's a community of people with a similar interest/hobby. We come here to meet other people who enjoy this same interest/hobby for many reasons and one of the biggest ones is, the ability to share cigars amongst ourselves without fear of getting ripped off.

You on the other hand Mr. "Real World" are an unknown so the simple truth is, nobody here is going to trust you. I suspect you'll have the same problem at most other cigar related boards where nobody knows you. If you were to take the time and make the effort to establish yourself on this (or probably any other board) by contributing and joining in on some trades, box splits or a newbie sampler, you would find once you'd established yourself that you'd have no problem getting rid of your excess cigars.

Just so you know, there are many non-Cuban cigars out there that are very very good. Even though I have legal access to Cuban's, I smoke more non-Cubans than I do Cubans. Cubans are good, but they are by no means the "be-all, end-all" of cigars. In fact, to my thinking, there are more non-Cuban cigars out there that are much better than Cubans than the reverse. Only someone with their head up their ass would think smoking Cuban's exclusively makes them somehow cooler and more important than people who smoke non-Cubans.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Captn

You make wonderful sense to those that matter. And no sense to someone who would call out their own name while having sex...

Nope. Samoa's not going to be back. There's no mirrors in this house..

Thread Information