Thread: Yes, you saw it right. No longer in Oregon.

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Cool Yes, you saw it right. No longer in Oregon.

Will wonders never cease. I had my fill of my life in Oregon in the middle of no where. Due to circumstances with work and the lack of people and pay, I decided to move. It has been a sad transition for me. I have also left my wife. It was difficult to do. But I am now in cigar heaven and enjoying the change of weather. I am hoping to meet others on the board here and getting together for some herfs. Currently i am unemployed and looking for work. So I thought I would let everyone know. I want to thank you in advance for your encouragement in my difficult time. I will continue to be a member of the board and enjoying the fellowship we have here. Thanks to all for listening. Roger.
    Just another day at the office!

Blog Entries

Wow I missed a lot. Are you still making stain glass ashtrays? Smiles I think florida is a great place to sell your creations. All my best to you and I hope what ever you end up doing it's an adventure.
    Last edited by cinda; 02-28-2013 at 05:23 PM.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Sorry to hear about all of the changes. And not sure why you went to Florida - they have a pretty high unemployment rate as well.

Good luck with your move! I hope you find what you're looking for.

I don't know what to say Roger, man that is some big time life changes.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    I don't know what to say Roger, man that is some big time life changes.
    Um, yeah, no shit. As gg said, I hope you find whatever it is you're looking for.

Blog Entries

yes as far as searching for anything.... i just need a break from ministry and the life I had before. I succumbed to the high burnout rate that comes with the profession. I guess I should have taken an extended sabbatical instead but i was realizing that I was not making the cut for our area. With so few people and overwhelming expenses it became a nightmare of epic proportions for me. Well anyway, thank you for your words of concern everyone. I keep you all informed of any other changes along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    yes as far as searching for anything.... i just need a break from ministry and the life I had before. I succumbed to the high burnout rate that comes with the profession. I guess I should have taken an extended sabbatical instead but i was realizing that I was not making the cut for our area. With so few people and overwhelming expenses it became a nightmare of epic proportions for me. Well anyway, thank you for your words of concern everyone. I keep you all informed of any other changes along the way.
    Always remember Roger - You're never given more than you can handle. I'm currently learning that painful lesson as well. So far - I've been amazed at the many blessings that have come from it.

Hang in there - and keep the faith!

Blog Entries

Best wishes for the job search and the future! That is quite the change!

Blog Entries

Well here is a little bit of an update for everyone who wants to know what is going on with me. I am now a driver for Yellow Cab in Pinellas county Florida. It has been fun and interesting work so far. Thank God for GPS and customers giving directions... it has made the stress of doing the job much more tolerable. I am now renting a house in clearwater florida and I like it so far. All I can say is what a total contrast from where I was before in John Day Oregon. Well I hope everyone is doing good, I have not been on a lot recently. But I have been enjoying the beautiful weather and the plethora of things to do down here. Thanks again for your listening ears. Roger.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Well here is a little bit of an update for everyone who wants to know what is going on with me. I am now a driver for Yellow Cab in Pinellas county Florida. It has been fun and interesting work so far. Thank God for GPS and customers giving directions... it has made the stress of doing the job much more tolerable. I am now renting a house in clearwater florida and I like it so far. All I can say is what a total contrast from where I was before in John Damy Oregon. Well I hope everyone is doing good, I have not been on a lot recently. But I have been enjoying the beautiful weather and the plethora of things to do down here. Thanks again for your listening ears. Roger.
    Sounds like a Billy Joel song I know...

Glad to hear all is well. The weather sure is nice, but damn do they have the bugs and alligators in Florida!

Take good care of yourself Roger...

Blog Entries

and killer snails now as well. Good luck Roger!

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    and killer snails now as well. Good luck Roger!
    Have you seen the Gallinipper mosquito's? There is some serious hurt!

Blog Entries

Roger, I've not had the pleasure of interacting with you since I have been here but you seem like a good dude who is well liked. I'm glad to hear things are well with you in your new environment. Hope you can drop in more often soon.

Blog Entries

Roger-
    What a great area to make a move to.
    If you're looking for something to do in your spare time sometime (I drive for a living, so I know how sparse that spare time will be), South of Clearwater in Madiera Beach, just on the North side of John's Pass, is a tourist shopping plaza. Right about in the middle is a little cigar shop where they roll cigars all day. They are not bad. And not too badly priced. You can sit right out front and smoke and watch tourists.
    At the South end of the street that's on is a place called Scully's (skip Scully's). Go to there, turn left, and walk about a block and there's a little seafood joint called Walt's (or Walt'z) Fish Shack. The best food in the area. Only fresh fish. Menu changes everyday. Go early. When they run out of the day's fish, they close. A touch pricey, maybe, but not really for what you get. Then, go to the cigar place!
    Great luck to you down there.
    Matt

" I enjoy the smell of a good cigar." - Amanda Benefiel (my late Grandmother)

Thread Information