Concern/Question #1

I have a friend who found a partial box of Cuban Montecristo #4's in his dad's basement. He said his dad has probably had them for 3 or 4 years and they have not been in a humidor since he has had them. He gave them to me to see if they could be restored. I am doubtful his dad has a reliable source and I can't find a date code on the box so I know the chances of them being real are slim to none. I live in a very humid area and they were stored in a basement. The wrappers were not brittle when I got them. I looked them over for signs of beetles and mold, didn't see any so I put them in my coolidor a few weeks ago that stays at 65rh. I was concerned about wrappers splitting but I checked them this morning and they look good to me.

Concern/Question #2

Whether they are genuine or not, assuming they are still good after not being properly maintained for several years, they may still be good smokes. They seem to be well constructed and they smell good. I just don't trust my noob expertise to any of this. With all that said, I would like to send a couple of trusted members of this board (1000 post minimum) 1 to inspect or even smoke (if you're brave enough I guess), and let me know what you think. If they are real or not, if they are worth smoking or not. If you are willing to be my expert guinea pig I will send a bonus cigar with it, one that I know is good.

If there are any willing let me know and I will get them out to the first two responders with 1000+ posts.

Thanks.