Thread: Is This Normal For Lighters?

1. Default Is This Normal For Lighters?

Just starting to get into cigars and bought a sampler online that had a Tornado Single Flame Torch Lighter and a Vector Jetz Single Flame Torch Lighter. Never used a torch lighter and had some questions.

When I release the button, the flame dies slowly. Is that normal? I was expecting the flame to instantly stop, just as quickly it lights. In fact, both lighters keep hissing after the flames is gone.

Both lighters went out when after 5 seconds of the flame burning. The Tornado has seemed to fix itself and will burn as long as I hold the button, but the Vector is still acting funking. I'm thinking I have air trapped in the fuel reserve and that is killing the flame and the Tornado has purged the air by me constantly testing the flame. Or is this a sign that I have some bad lighters?

Also the Vector Jetz has a rattle when I first got it and shook it. Still has a rattle after I filled it up. Probably a bad thing?

Blog Entries

Turn the flame down some.

...I'd also suggest there's a reason they're giving the lighters away with the purchase.

Take an air gun and blow the area out real well. It may help.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    ...I'd also suggest there's a reason they're giving the lighters away with the purchase.

Take an air gun and blow the area out real well. It may help.
    I've had occasion to receive a few free butane lighters over the years and they were all useless pieces of garbage. I threw them all away.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Eville View Post
    Turn the flame down some.
    Thank you everyone who responded. I turned down the flame on the Vector and it is very stable now, no more flame outs.

Blog Entries

Behold! Science!

Quote Originally Posted by Eville View Post
    Behold! Science!
    Richard Towneley, Henry Power and especially Robert Boyle (through his research assistant Robert Hooke) would be extremely proud!!!

...though I'm fairly certain they would not have heard of a Tornado Single Flame Torch Lighter or a Vector Jetz Single Flame Torch Lighter when they were doing their research.

Thread Information