Thread: Your humidity level???

Default Your humidity level???

What number do you guys prefer to store your cigars in long term? I've been OCD with mine, recently was stable at 70-72 now it's down to 68, should I be worried? And this is including one shot glass, two crystal sticks and the humidifier that came with it. Should I get rid of something? Shot glass etc. that said what is your ideal humidity number to store long term?

Quote Originally Posted by mjavier8 View Post
    What number do you guys prefer to store your cigars in long term? I've been OCD with mine, recently was stable at 70-72 now it's down to 68, should I be worried? And this is including one shot glass, two crystal sticks and the humidifier that came with it. Should I get rid of something? Shot glass etc. that said what is your ideal humidity number to store long term?
    Heartfelt Beads - that's all you need.

...and I like my humidors to be between 65-70. Especially 65 if I plan to smoke the cigars.

According to my digital hygrometer my humidor seems to stabilize at 67%. Don't worry about a couple of percentage points.

Team Blowholes owns the Whiny Bitches!

Yea I hear 65 is where it's at. Some people say 70 is to moist for them. Question, just order two heartfelt bead tubes (65), when they get here should i just take out the shot of water and the humidifier that came with it and just leave the beads? i hear some people use those things as their primary source of humidification.

Take everything out and replace with beads. Only use distilled water with the beads.

Team Blowholes owns the Whiny Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by VancouverMark View Post
    Take everything out and replace with beads. Only use distilled water with the beads.

Thanks bro! no more humidifier for me, yes!!! Almost forgot.. How quick will the beads bring the humidity to 65? Lets say I put them today, by tomorrow you think?

Quote Originally Posted by mjavier8 View Post
    Thanks bro! no more humidifier for me, yes!!! Almost forgot.. How quick will the beads bring the humidity to 65? Lets say I put them today, by tomorrow you think?
    Too many variables to accurately tell you... But if you put them in here now, it will be definitely less than 30 days under the worst conditions as long as you keep the beads properly moistened.

Thanks guys, should be getting my beads tomorrow so can't wait to try them out

Thread Information