Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gurkha Beauty.. WTF

Default Gurkha Beauty.. WTF

Omg what a piece of shit cigar. Bought a five pack at CI. They've been in the humidor for about two weeks and decided to try one today...awful. Had to double triple pull to get smoke..had to cut like three times and see if this is was the problem...at this point I'm so upset I'm thinking about going to the local firehouse and given the four I have left to the firefighters... Awful my jaw hurts from so much pulling p.s should I just let these pieces of crap age?
    Last edited by mjavier8; 03-18-2013 at 08:43 PM.

If they're no good, why would you pawn them off on someone else? Let alone some firemen. Try another one, and anonymously drop off a box of Padrons to your local firehouse tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreekTitan View Post
    If they're no good, why would you pawn them off on someone else? Let alone some firemen. Try another one, and anonymously drop off a box of Padrons to your local firehouse tomorrow.

Ill try another one and see. Just figured I'm so upset I don't even want them in the humi. Padrons? Which ones, ill just buy them for myself lol. Btw what type of Maduro is that your smoking in your picture?

cigars are by nature bunched and rolled up tight. massage that lady between a finger and thumb, just don't get too rough.

Quote Originally Posted by FightingFish View Post
    cigars are by nature bunched and rolled up tight. massage that lady between a finger and thumb, just don't get too rough.
    ... Agree lol. What sickens me is that it's a Gurkha.. I never have these issues with partagas, avos, davidoff's, Fuentes or even Ashtons. Tomorrow was thinking of having an Alec Bradley black market Gordo, but I'll try another Gurkrap and see if the draw improves. What's so funny is that this weekend I was having a smoke with an old timer at my local shop and Gurkhas popped up and he immediately says "I don't smoke those anymore, their producing so many cigars, I've notice the change over the years." Ouchhh

Quote Originally Posted by mjavier8 View Post
    ... Agree lol. What sickens me is that it's a Gurkha.. :
    I've never had a Gurk ya. Sounds like a prank or somethin.

edit:
    Gurkha [ˈgʊəkɑː ˈgɜːkə]
    n pl -khas, -kha
    1. (Social Science / Peoples) a member of a Hindu people, descended from Brahmins and Rajputs, living chiefly in Nepal, where they achieved dominance after being driven from India by the Muslims
    2. (Military) a member of this people serving as a soldier in the Indian or British army

sounds similar to Sherpa. watched a great bbc doc about that job the other day. much respect.
    Last edited by FightingFish; 03-19-2013 at 12:20 AM.

Blog Entries

I bought a ten pack of Gurkha Titan XOs last fall. Something like $32 each retail ! I've been through about half so far and I'm ready to take them to your firehouse and give them away in your name(my firehouse would get Ashton VSGs). I keep thinking they'll get better, but they haven't, yet. Besides not having much in the way of flavor, every one has been labor intensive trying to smoke them.
    Matt

" I enjoy the smell of a good cigar." - Amanda Benefiel (my late Grandmother)

Quote Originally Posted by ash13brook View Post
    I bought a ten pack of Gurkha Titan XOs last fall. Something like $32 each retail ! I've been through about half so far and I'm ready to take them to your firehouse and give them away in your name(my firehouse would get Ashton VSGs). I keep thinking they'll get better, but they haven't, yet. Besides not having much in the way of flavor, every one has been labor intensive trying to smoke them.
    Wow. Said I was gonna have another one today but to be honest, its sad that I'm scared or reluctant to experience what happened yesterday... Enjoyed a nice Maduro robusto from my local shop $8, and had a wonderful smoke. You just convinced me to actually give them away... Off to the local firehouse I go tomorrow, maybe that old man had a point " Gurkhas aren't what they use to be"
    Last edited by mjavier8; 03-19-2013 at 09:16 PM.

Blog Entries

Wow. Said I was gonna have another one today but to be honest, its sad that I'm scared or reluctant to experience what happened yesterday... Enjoyed a nice Maduro robusto from my local shop $8, and had a wonderful smoke. You just convinced me to actually give them away... Off to the local firehouse I go tomorrow, maybe that old man had a point " Gurkhas aren't what they use to be"
    In general, Gurkha is a gimmicky beginner's smoke driven by marketing more than quality.

If you would search this site, you would have come to your "old timer's" conclusion prior to buying them. I'm also reading that people are wondering why you would give away shit sticks? I mean, I guess they might like them, or they're going to have the same experience as you. If the latter, hopefully they don't remember you when your chimney is on fire...
    Last edited by badwhale; 03-19-2013 at 09:22 PM.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    In general, Gurkha is a gimmicky beginner's smoke driven by marketing more than quality.

If you would search this site, you would have come to your "old timer's" conclusion prior to buying them. I'm also reading that people are wondering why you would give away shit sticks? I mean, I guess they might like them, or they're going to have the same experience as you. If the latter, hopefully they don't remember you when your chimney is on fire...
    Lmaooooooo!!!!

Blog Entries

It wasn't that funny...
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    It wasn't that funny...
    You must not be from nyc then... But all in all maybe the guys at the firehousr will enjoy then better than me... Honestly i threw away 40 bucks buying these gurkhas so might aswell do some philanthropy work lol

Blog Entries

Spreading the pain is philanthropy?

Blog Entries

You must not be from nyc then... But all in all maybe the guys at the firehousr will enjoy then better than me... Honestly i threw away 40 bucks buying these gurkhas so might aswell do some philanthropy work lol
    Geesh, chalk it up to experience and move on. If you pawn these off on anybody as a "gift" you're an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Geesh, chalk it up to experience and move on. If you pawn these off on anybody as a "gift" you're an asshole.
    First ofF, their free, so i guess im an asshole. Secondly its talk, if your gonna be an asshole ignore my post, many convos going on here pal, and you took time from your life to write on mine Just saying buddy

Blog Entries

First ofF, their free, so i guess im an asshole. Secondly its talk, if your gonna be an asshole ignore my post, many convos going on here pal, and you took time from your life to write on mine Just saying buddy
    First, I'm not your buddy or your pal.
    Second I'm pretty confident that I'm kinda familiar with the goings-on around this place.
    Third, I will comment where and when and in whatever manner suits me at the time.
    Fourth, I do not arrive at my conclusions regarding your ass-holiness by this one post alone.
    Fifth, I stand by my first post in this thread and if it hurts your feelings, well, I guess I really couldn't give less of a shit about that.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    First, I'm not your buddy or your pal.
    Second I'm pretty confident that I'm kinda familiar with the goings-on around this place.
    Third, I will comment where and when and in whatever manner suits me at the time.
    Fourth, I do not arrive at my conclusions regarding your ass-holiness by this one post alone.
    Fifth, I stand by my first post in this thread and if it hurts your feelings, well, I guess I really couldn't give less of a shit about that.
    Ahahahahahahaha

First off...

They are (they're not "their) free

...so I guess I am (I'm not "I'm") an asshole.

Secondly....

...it is (it's not "its") talk

...just saying, "buddy"

But seriously - I have to get to know you better before I conclude if you're an asshole. You do have a case of Poor grammar and spelling, so i'm thinking you're somewhat illiterate, but I don't yet believe you're an asshole - even if you do give firemen shit cigars for free.

....Though I have to say - firemen have it made. Everyone worships the ground they walk on even though they sit around the firehouse watching TV and playing video games while collecting a nice paycheck, only having to roll occasionally to rescue a cat from a tree or putting out toaster fires. They deserve to smoke shit cigars.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    First off...

They are (they're not "their) free

...so I guess I am (I'm not "I'm") an asshole.

Secondly....

...it is (it's not "its") talk

...just saying, "buddy"

But seriously - I have to get to know you better before I conclude if you're an asshole. You do have a case of Poor grammar and spelling, so i'm thinking you're somewhat illiterate, but I don't yet believe you're an asshole - even if you do give firemen shit cigars for free.

....Though I have to say - firemen have it made. Everyone worships the ground they walk on even though they sit around the firehouse watching TV and playing video games while collecting a nice paycheck, only having to roll occasionally to rescue a cat from a tree or putting out toaster fires. They deserve to smoke shit cigars.
    Lol!!! I like you, your cool george. You gave me the tampa connection, so i have no response to your criticism..Illiterate?? I would hate for the board of education of ny to hear that, which is who i work for and get payed nearly 85,000 to teach little muchkins lol. I guess i need to start getting a feel for the forum to actually be careful and put some consideration into my grammar

Lol!!! I like you, your cool george. You gave me the tampa connection, so i have no response to your criticism..Illiterate?? I would hate for the board of education of ny to hear that, which is who i work for and get payed nearly 85,000 to teach little muchkins lol. I guess i need to start getting a feel for the forum to actually be careful and put some consideration into my grammar
    Whoah... $85k to teach the munchkins? I hope you're not an English teacher or grade your students on writing papers...

Thread Information