Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gnome Wimbel Dazlwobble Vacation Pass 2013

Cool The Gnome Wimbel Dazlwobble Vacation Pass 2013

Not only did we miss the Secret Santa 2012(Won't let that happen again) but we haven't done a cigar pass in awhile!! So without further ado I would like to introduce:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V__7C00.jpg 
Views:	374 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	3341

Gnome Wimbel Dazlwobble: Lumberjack, father of 12, head of the local village gnome council, cigar aficionado and soon to be world traveler. Having spent most of his past 300 years of life working to build a stable home for his family he now finally has the opportunity to travel and would appreciate our help in doing so!

Now onto the rules:

1. Must post puts and takes in this thread so they can be approved by me and the list can be updated accordingly.
    2. Puts and takes must be of approx. equal value.
    3. Picture or video must be taken of Gnome Wimbel with or without a cigar somewhere around your town or city. There are no rules or limits of what the picture/video has to be or where it should be. When the pass is finished we will vote on the best picture/video and a large selection of the smokes involved will be sent as a prize. It could be a picture/video of you smoking during a sunset with Wimbel, or it could be an artsy set up scene or a landmark, could be a live band, parties or street corners... What ever it is, it must contain Wimbel Dazlwobble. The picture/video should be worthy of desktop wallpaper status.
    4. If you have 100 posts or less please PM me about joining and I will decide at my own discretion.
    5. There is a limit of 15 participants
    6. Must PM me your address so I can organize the path of the pass.
    7. Every stop the cigars should be inspected and any problems reported.
    8. As of right now there is no limit on puts takes.

The Line Up:
    1 Padron Torpedo 1964 Anniversary Series.
    1 Padron 1926 #6 natty
    1 Opus X Perfexion X
    1 CAO Cameroon Anniversary 1968/1998 (Aged 7+years)
    1 CAO Mudaro Anniversary 1968/1998 (Aged 7+years)
    1 Rocky Patel 50 Torpedo
    1 Opus X Reserva D'Chateau
    1 Rocky Patel Edge Cameroon
    1 Padron 1926 40yr natural
    1 Drew Estate My Uzi Weighs a Ton +11 (Robusto)
    1 Partagas Shorts (cabinet)
    1 Montecristo # 4 (aged 6+ years ISOM)
    1 Tatuaje Federal Cigar 90th (7/28/11)
    1 A Fuente Hemmingway Maduro ~ Signature
    1 A.Fuente Anejo Reserva Shark #77
    1 Ashton ESG

Lets all wish for Wimbel Dazlwobble a safe journey and make this pass LARGE AND IN CHARGE!

WHO'S IN?!

Participants:
    1. Sailor71 ^
    2. craig^
    3. badwhale^
    4. Mizicke5273^
    5. kingbeefy^
    6. ashauler^
    7. Cody 44^
    Last edited by Roham; 06-26-2013 at 05:04 PM.
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Oh HELL YEAH!!! I R IN!!!! This sounds like a wicked awesome pass!
    Yay! Cigars!

Blog Entries

I'm in imo.

I'm in too.
    "It was a pleasure to burn." - Ray Bradbury

Thats three lucky people who get to meet Wimbel IN PERSON!!! Keep it coming guys!!!

12 spots left!!

*Edited* Wow I need to work on my math skills!!! lol
    Last edited by Roham; 04-22-2013 at 12:13 AM.
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Blog Entries

I'm down, if you'll have me!
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

I am game - but I am awfully close to Québec, and Wimbel's wife might not like what will happen...

The best cigar of 2004 is a Padrón Serie 1926 40th Anniversary and not the 1964 series as I thought. I should have a few hiding in my humidor and if found one will be added to the prize pack for the winning picture(or video)!!!

Great!! It's an honor to have you along for the ride Badwhale and craig. And I wouldn't worry too much about Wimbel as he was very wild and crazy in his younger years it should be noted

Age doesn't equate to value on any of the sticks in the list. In fact value is a moot point. I am not worried about the cigars trading on par. I am more interested in letting Wimbel see a slice of North America. I picked out some of my better cigars to make sure everyone gets to try some fabulous smokes, and enjoy a simple fun contest along the side. Trade out just ONE smoke if you want. No limits. Just get on board and have some fun with Wimbel and the rest of us Ten is a pretty fair goal. Come on FOGs and BOTLs! Step up and join the pass

Blog Entries

I'll play.

Glad to have you aboard Ashauler! For anyone else considering joining registration will close Sunday April 7th

I would like give it a go from Ontario if acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor71 View Post
    I would like give it a go from Ontario if acceptable.
    I would suggest reading the rules and sending a PM to Roham.
    "It was a pleasure to burn." - Ray Bradbury

Quote Originally Posted by Cody44 View Post
    I would suggest reading the rules and sending a PM to Roham.
    I did that as well

I think Sailor can play this round. Wimbel will have a few stops north of the 49th before it heads south to the good ol' U.S. of A.

Almost all full guys:) Stay tuned.

Blog Entries

Where are those Westerners anyway? This pass will start in Calgary IIRC - you'll only have to pay regional postage!

Ok guys, sign up is closed! Thanks to all those that joined the pass!! Wimbel's trip will be a serious adventure and I'm so happy for the little guy. he deserves it. Just need to get the addresses from craig, ashauler, and cody44. PM them to me when you have an opportunity!

Stay tuned guys. Wimbel is almost packed and ready to roll

Ok guys, I figured out the order and I rearranged the list in the first post to reflect the path. Sailor and Craig are both in Ontario. Craig, if its ok to get you to pack it up for the trip cross border? Then the next two people are in Pennsylvania, First badwhale then Mizicke. Next, further south to Tennesse to visit Kingbeefy. Next stop west to Kansas with ashauler. Final stop south of the 49th is Oregon, Cody. Then back up to me. Cody, is it ok to pack it up for cross border shipping? I'll PM you instructions

Blog Entries

Yup, it is okay - but - I just found out that I will be in Europe for business for about 10 days mid-May, so timing may be an issue.

Thread Information