Thread: IE update issue

Default IE update issue

Is it just me or is this happening to someone else as well.....

Just had windows update run this morning on this PC and it updated something on IE (v10). Suddenly I can't go to a new line while typing a response or posting.

I'm using Mozilla Firefox (gag) to write this and it's working fine so I'm assuming this is a new MS "feature" released with this update.

FWIW, I've checked on a couple other forums, one which is very much like this (only guns, not cigars) and those worked just fine. I've been through all possible settings on here and can't see anything I've accidentally tweaked that might have caused this. The last thing I did was post a few images and I'm thinking maybe it's something to do with the available editing options...but again, I don't see anything I may have accidentally clicked to cause this.

I'm definitely open to suggestions. While I'm not a huge MS fan, I prefer to use IE as it's built in and doesn't require me to install anything else so I'd really rather use that browser than have to install any more
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    Is it just me or is this happening to someone else as well.....

Just had windows update run this morning on this PC and it updated something on IE (v10). Suddenly I can't go to a new line while typing a response or posting.

I'm using Mozilla Firefox (gag) to write this and it's working fine so I'm assuming this is a new MS "feature" released with this update.

FWIW, I've checked on a couple other forums, one which is very much like this (only guns, not cigars) and those worked just fine. I've been through all possible settings on here and can't see anything I've accidentally tweaked that might have caused this. The last thing I did was post a few images and I'm thinking maybe it's something to do with the available editing options...but again, I don't see anything I may have accidentally clicked to cause this.

I'm definitely open to suggestions. While I'm not a huge MS fan, I prefer to use IE as it's built in and doesn't require me to install anything else so I'd really rather use that browser than have to install any more
    Oy!

I figured it out.....duh me!

The top left icon in the text edit window (swap editor to wysiwyg mode) did the trick. I must have clicked it while clicking inserting images the other day. And here I thought I'd checked every single editing option yesterday.......
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Thread Information