Thread: CigarFest 2013 Tickets

1. Default CigarFest 2013 Tickets

FOR SALE: THREE (3) CigarFest 2013 10th Anniversary General Admission tickets for the Cigar's International event of the year!

There are three (3) tickets currently available for admission to the April 26 (Friday) event at Split Rock Resort in the Poconos. These tickets gain you entry AND a few hundred dollars worth of cigars, humidor, lighters, ash tray (a duffle to carry it all in), beer and whiskey tasting, barbecue lunch and beautiful people!

Meet Nick Perdomo, Rocky Patel and all the faces behind the top cigar brands in the industry. Last years meet and greet with Jonathan Drew from Drew Estates and the Acid line of cigars was amazingly popular. Raffle tickets available at event to win THOUSANDS in cigars and cigar paraphernalia. They even raffle off a brand new vehicle (Jeep or Harley Davidson Motorcycle)!

And it all takes place at Split Rock Resort in the Poconos! Tickets are very difficult to come by.

BUY ALL THREE for $600 or ONE for $225. Feel free to contact me off-the-list at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by ggiese; 04-09-2013 at 10:28 AM. Reason: E-mail address removed until we establish this is legit...

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorSmoke29 View Post
    FOR SALE: THREE (3) CigarFest 2013 10th Anniversary General Admission tickets for the Cigar's International event of the year!

There are three (3) tickets currently available for admission to the April 26 (Friday) event at Split Rock Resort in the Poconos. These tickets gain you entry AND a few hundred dollars worth of cigars, humidor, lighters, ash tray (a duffle to carry it all in), beer and whiskey tasting, barbecue lunch and beautiful people!

Meet Nick Perdomo, Rocky Patel and all the faces behind the top cigar brands in the industry. Last years meet and greet with Jonathan Drew from Drew Estates and the Acid line of cigars was amazingly popular. Raffle tickets available at event to win THOUSANDS in cigars and cigar paraphernalia. They even raffle off a brand new vehicle (Jeep or Harley Davidson Motorcycle)!

And it all takes place at Split Rock Resort in the Poconos! Tickets are very difficult to come by.

BUY ALL THREE for $600 or ONE for $225. Feel free to contact me off-the-list at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    A couple of questions for you, "doctor smoke"

1. What is the face value of those tickets?

2. Who are you and how do we know we can trust you?

3. Will this be the only time you'll be posting on our forum - to sell something to us?

Thanks...
    Last edited by ggiese; 04-09-2013 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Removed Dr Smokes e-mail address until we know this is legit...

3. Default

PASS Ive met rocky,bfd. I doubt there are hundreds of $ worth of cigars given out unless its calculated at msrp
    The older I get ,the better I was

Blog Entries

Face value, I bet, was $125 as advertised.

I'm in the area for this, and have never had the slightest desire to go.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Face value, I bet, was $125 as advertised.

I'm in the area for this, and have never had the slightest desire to go.
    And I'm pretty sure CI was not charging a discount if you buy all three at one time...

Can I send you $600 worth of cigars for those tickets? Seems awfully fair to me!

7. Default

All good questions, I am happy to answer them.

1. The tickets are general admission and were $125/ticket.

2. My cigar club purchased four batches of four tickets (16), enough for each club member. Then we had three guys who couldn't attend. We decided to sell the tickets to recoup the costs. We are up-charging from the face price simply because the tickets are scarce. You are right, you don't know if you can trust me and I don't know if I can trust a purchasers check not to bounce, but for any transaction to succeed both parties sometimes have to have faith that each will live up to their obligations. The hard fact is I have three tickets to sell and I'm trying to find a buyer.

3. The valuation on the cigars and other items given away at CigarFest is determined by the vendors. If Jonathan Drew says its a $12.00 cigar he's giving away, that's the basis for the valuation. Last year we each literally walked away with a small duffle bag full of cigars...it was like being a kid in a candy store.

4. No, I don't plan to just post to this forum to sell something. I like cigars, they are my hobby and I like discussing them with others. Was it wrong to post in the Advertisements section? Please advise on proper protocol.

5. $600 worth of cigars is tempting...

Blog Entries

How about starting with pricing the tickets for what you paid for them. Ya know, that's what "recoup the costs" means. What you're doing is profiteering. I don't believe that will work well here, especially if you expect to hang around and become a member of the community. That's just my opinion though.

Blog Entries

I have no desire to go even if you gave me the tickets for free.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorSmoke29 View Post
    All good questions, I am happy to answer them.

1. The tickets are general admission and were $125/ticket.

2. My cigar club purchased four batches of four tickets (16), enough for each club member. Then we had three guys who couldn't attend. We decided to sell the tickets to recoup the costs. We are up-charging from the face price simply because the tickets are scarce. You are right, you don't know if you can trust me and I don't know if I can trust a purchasers check not to bounce, but for any transaction to succeed both parties sometimes have to have faith that each will live up to their obligations. The hard fact is I have three tickets to sell and I'm trying to find a buyer.

3. The valuation on the cigars and other items given away at CigarFest is determined by the vendors. If Jonathan Drew says its a $12.00 cigar he's giving away, that's the basis for the valuation. Last year we each literally walked away with a small duffle bag full of cigars...it was like being a kid in a candy store.

4. No, I don't plan to just post to this forum to sell something. I like cigars, they are my hobby and I like discussing them with others. Was it wrong to post in the Advertisements section? Please advise on proper protocol.

5. $600 worth of cigars is tempting...
    I could be wrong, but I sense the only interaction you intend to have with this community is to scalp the "scarce" CigarFest tickets. If I'm wrong, my apologies in advance. I just don't sense your connection to this community.

Would you agree it's rather discourteous and disrespeful to post a "For Sale" sign for some tickets I need to get rid of on the public parkway in front of your house? I know it sounds crazy, but the "advertisement" section was intended for retailers, and was was never intended to be the Craig's List of the cigar forums.

Perhaps you don't understand the concept, and maybe it's just me. Would you not rather give the tickets away to another person than take advantage of them for selling them for greater than face value? Personally - I've used that as a measure of what kind of person I'm dealing with.

Thread Information