Thread: Could use some help - Going to try to describe a cigar problem

Default Could use some help - Going to try to describe a cigar problem

I'm not exactly sure how to describe the problem I'm having, which has made it tough to google a solution.

Cigars in a properly controlled humidor.
    Cigars burn just fine about half way, nice and smooth like they should.
    Somewhere in the middle they turn awful. It goes from smooth to un-smokable.

The flavor is what I can't describe. It's like it changes from a cigar to something else, the taste is like, I don't know what, ashes or something.

This is across brands, and also across humidors. I'm assuming that maybe they're drying out or something, but I'm using the humi-paks and have enough of them. Humidity measures right, but I don't know.

Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?

What size are they and how fast do you get to half way? Mine seem to take on a nasty taste when I smoke too fast.

Blog Entries

I am certainly still a newb compared to most here, but it sounds like a little purging might help. Maybe someone else has some better advice?

My guess is it's the cigars themselves. What cigars specifically are you smoking?

5. Default

Good advice from all. I believe over humidified cigars ,above 65% rh turn nasty quickly when smoked. Unless its a cameroon wrapped cigar most smoke better when a little dry
    The older I get ,the better I was

Thread Information