Thread: Newbie: Want to trade some good Craft Beer for some good cigars

1. Default Newbie: Want to trade some good Craft Beer for some good cigars

I am a newbie to the whole cigar scene, but have been collecting and archiving beer for a while. I have some great stouts and Belgians that I know would go great with a cigar (some of them aged in Bourbon, Brandy and Whiskey like Buffalo Trace, Elijah Craig 20 Year, Four Roses, Evan Williams etc) I would love to do a trade with someone for some cigars! Please let me know if you would like to.

I didn't see any rules about trading for beer so I hope it ok... if not please delete this thread.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by killerangel View Post
    I am a newbie to the whole cigar scene, but have been collecting and archiving beer for a while. I have some great stouts and Belgians that I know would go great with a cigar (some of them aged in Bourbon, Brandy and Whiskey like Buffalo Trace, Elijah Craig 20 Year, Four Roses, Evan Williams etc) I would love to do a trade with someone for some cigars! Please let me know if you would like to.

I didn't see any rules about trading for beer so I hope it ok... if not please delete this thread.
    How would you know anything would go great with a cigar, I mean being a self proclaimed noobler and all...

I'm pretty sure nobody "ages" beer in bourbon, brandy, or whiskey. Maybe in the casks, but not in the spirit.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    How would you know anything would go great with a cigar, I mean being a self proclaimed noobler and all...

I'm pretty sure nobody "ages" beer in bourbon, brandy, or whiskey. Maybe in the casks, but not in the spirit.
    I consider myself a newbie but have had around 100 cigars. I like how the imperial stouts with their coffee/molasses/chocolate bring out those flavors in a cigar. The beer isn't aged in the spirit itself, but rather in the spent barrels. As you may know, to make bourbon they age the young spirit in charred american oak barrels for various amount of years. Once emptied they can not use the barrels again as they have to use fresh ones every time. Some breweries buy these spent barrels and fill them up with beer to age generally from 3-12 months. There is still some of the spirits left in the wood (angel's share) that impart their flavors into the beer and hence being called bourbon aged beer. Hope that clarifies things :)

Blog Entries

I consider myself a newbie but have had around 100 cigars. I like how the imperial stouts with their coffee/molasses/chocolate bring out those flavors in a cigar. The beer isn't aged in the spirit itself, but rather in the spent barrels. As you may know, to make bourbon they age the young spirit in charred american oak barrels for various amount of years. Once emptied they can not use the barrels again as they have to use fresh ones every time. Some breweries buy these spent barrels and fill them up with beer to age generally from 3-12 months. There is still some of the spirits left in the wood (angel's share) that impart their flavors into the beer and hence being called bourbon aged beer. Hope that clarifies things :)
    Thanks.

I think it'll be difficult for you to initiate a trade without any history on the board, so expect to send your end first.

I don't need any beer right now.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Thanks.

I think it'll be difficult for you to initiate a trade without any history on the board, so expect to send your end first.

I don't need any beer right now.
    I figured that I would have to do that, no worries! Thanks for the info.

There is still some of the spirits left in the wood (angel's share) that impart their flavors into the beer and hence being called bourbon aged beer.
    That's the Devil's Cut. The Angel's Share is the portion that evaporated.

I'm already a homebrewer and just finished our annual international competition so my cupboards are full of entries that scored 37 or better.
    Wild

On Tap -

1. Red IPA
    2. Extreme Red

Secondary - Mesquite Bourbon Mead

"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind." - Humphrey Bogart

Thread Information