Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Unspoken rules

Blog Entries

I love you Bowhuntnhoosier.

Hey hog - I see you've come and gone several times since you've last posted and no doubt read this thread. Have we made our point to the degree it's time to move on? ...Or are you receptive to the concept of how this board works and the cats got your tongue? Inquiring minds want to know...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roham View Post
    May I please see one?
    They're probably reviews of fish slime towels...
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Omg, omg! Unless the green dot on tapatalk is a liar, hog is on right now! Maybe he will rejoin the conversation and link us to one of his reviews.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    Omg, omg! Unless the green dot on tapatalk is a liar, hog is on right now! Maybe he will rejoin the conversation and link us to one of his reviews.
    He's almost always online like another previous member...

Uncle Tupelo

C'mon, hog. Reveal yourself so everyone will be able to know what I know about your reviews...

BTW, Beefy - it couldn't POSSIBLY be hog on Tapatalk - he's using his Star Trek communicator to chat with us. LOL
    Last edited by ggiese; 05-25-2013 at 09:33 PM.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hog View Post
    I ain't leaving. You guys are way too much fun to annoy

Sent from my Star Trek communicator
    C'mon little girl entertain us
    The older I get ,the better I was

Hog cannot possibly link you to one of his reviews...

I too would like a link to the reviews as I can always use help choosing a good stick.

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    I too would like a link to the reviews as I can always use help choosing a good stick.
    I know Frank. Yessir - that's not too much to ask of someone who is clearly here for the good of the community and our newest members.

However, hog did write an incredibly powerful and wonderful review of the Ashton Maduro - even opining he is going to look for them on sale! If you haven't read it yet, I'd highly recommend it! But read it before the board times out from the thousands of views I anticipate it will generate - it is no doubt destined to go viral!

What's Going On?
    Currently Active Users
    There are currently 61 users online. 7 members and 54 guests
    Most users ever online was 377, 03-23-2005 at 10:31 PM.
    ‎ggiese* ‎hog ‎jacoblee ‎kingbeefy ‎RonnieS ‎Supahrob ‎TheGreekTitan

Lookie, lookie who's again online... LOL

Cat got your tongue hog?

Currently Active Users
    There are currently 63 users online. 6 members and 57 guests
    ‎ggiese* ‎76794p ‎hog ‎kingbeefy ‎RonnieS ‎Supahrob

HE'S BAAACCCCKKKKK!!! LOL

Blog Entries

It seems like I am always on too.

C'mon hog. I want to see a review really bad.

It seems like I am always on too.

C'mon hog. I want to see a review really bad.
    hog

Join Date 03-05-2013
    Last Activity Today 08:11 PM
    Blog Entries0
    Looks like hog was contemplating your request... Perhaps any time now, eh hog?

I ain't leaving. You guys are way too much fun to annoy

Sent from my Star Trek communicator
    Really? It seems you left before you even started...

I feel awful, though - i've been matching wits with someone who's unarmed...

Currently Active Users
    ‎ggiese* ‎BowhuntnHoosier+ ‎hog ‎kingbeefy ‎RonnieS ‎Supahrob

For such a miserable place, you sure love hanging around! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    ...and yet you feel compelled to post garbage on this board under a pseudo name.

You crack me up...

You might want to consider that what works for you in your world, doesn't necessarily work well universally. You should perhaps consider packing it in if it doesn't suit your taste.

By the way - you are a legend in your own mind. You can only hope the larger cigar community views you with the same respect you believe they do...
    Personally, I don't care what people think. I live my life as a good person and believe in karma. What goes around comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    I am a self employed small business man I am an acomplished Journeyman Electrical Lineman and manage a multimillion dollar warehouse
    Most "accomplished" people have learned to spell? Lord!

I have an outstanding collection that I share with the other members regularly
    Yup, been asked for free cigars on here too. Seems common on this forum to ask new members for free cigars. I share with my friends, not to placate aggressive forum members.

I am member #2 here yet I carry no special powers here
    I noticed that. I caught on quick that you're a follower. Whatever the "gang of 6" here does, you jump on their bandwagon.

I rely on the opinions I form of cigars and on the opinions of other members here. Not some "professional "
    See above. Opinions of others are learning tools. I don't "rely" on anything but my own taste buds. I enjoy comparing my findings with others, and often will find a different perspective after doing so.

you haven't began to see "nice"
    Seriously? You're threatening me?

Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Roham View Post
    May I please see one?
    If you're active online or read the industry rags you've most likely seen one already.

I'm really surprised hog is not helping our new friend demarcation with business advice. Here's the perfect opportunity! After all - hog's a self professed "successful small business owner" and may be able to lend some good advice to a new member looking for help with setting up his currently small business...

But I suspect hog doesn't much care about such things and is more intent on being a thorn...

Why are you a legend in your own mind, hog? One can teach you manners, but there's no guarantee you'll learn manners - it requires uptake on the receiving end. And you're too dense to understand the overall membership of at least one of the communities you believe yourself to be a "respected member" doesn't likewise share your perception.

Make no mistake, and likely what you've not received on the uptake.... This is a democracy - matters involving discipline are a community action rather than being in the hands of a couple of moderators. No one regularly participating is looking for a mega cigar community, full of scammers and clowns. This community does it's best to help members correct their social ineptness, but is very intolerant of anyone being destructive. You might disagree, but the system works very well and has been around quite a bit longer than you've been participaing.

Take it for what it's worth - you either "get it" or you don't - chastising the community for your personal perceptions and observations of what you believe to be uncaring attitudes can be destructive to the community you believe you're "saving". Particularly when you're not of a mind to otherwise help the community with valid contributions.
    Kind of all over the place there, buddy. When it comes to cigars, I am a consumer. I know nothing about becoming an importer or tobacco distributor other than there are numerously more (by an order of magnitude) federal regulations and state regulations imposed in an attempt to prevent you from selling tobacco of any kind. My business does not sell tobacco for that reason. I make it a practice not to offer advice about something I know very little of. That, my friend is called wisdom.

As far as the system working well, I guess it does. At least for the 6 or 7 members that actively post here.

Hey hog - I see you've come and gone several times since you've last posted and no doubt read this thread. Have we made our point to the degree it's time to move on? ...Or are you receptive to the concept of how this board works and the cats got your tongue? Inquiring minds want to know...
    I have this thing I do. It's called a life. I also have real friends, a business to take care of, and a family to spend time with. I don't spend all my free time on this earth online, and if I did it wouldn't be here.

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    He's almost always online like another previous member...
    Tapatalk IS a liar. It's also a PIA when it keeps you logged in to a forum that is actually active, because it marks posts as read that you've never read, then you have to back and search to see what you missed. That doesn't seem to be a problem here

C'mon, hog. Reveal yourself so everyone will be able to know what I know about your reviews...

BTW, Beefy - it couldn't POSSIBLY be hog on Tapatalk - he's using his Star Trek communicator to chat with us. LOL
    See above

What's Going On?
    Currently Active Users
    There are currently 61 users online. 7 members and 54 guests
    ‎ggiese* ‎hog ‎jacoblee ‎kingbeefy ‎RonnieS ‎Supahrob ‎TheGreekTitan

Lookie, lookie who's again online... LOL

Cat got your tongue hog?
    Currently Active Users
    ‎ggiese* ‎76794p ‎hog ‎kingbeefy ‎RonnieS ‎Supahrob

HE'S BAAACCCCKKKKK!!! LOL
    Currently Active Users
    ‎ggiese* ‎BowhuntnHoosier+ ‎hog ‎kingbeefy ‎RonnieS ‎Supahrob

For such a miserable place, you sure love hanging around! LOL
    The bolded quotes abovemake my point.

Right now:

"Users Browsing this Forum
    There are currently 11 users browsing this forum. (3 members & 8 guests)
    hog CptnBlues63 Danilo2709
    "

I don't think it's completely miserable. Being the eternal optimist that I am, I see great hope here. I enjoy interaction with others, and enjoy comparing my own opinions with the opinions of others. Which is why having more members participating is a benefit to all. No cigar tastes the same to every person, and the insights brought about by fresh points of view are what broaden our horizons. The posts referenced above are typical of this forum. Average what? 6 users online, always the same 6 core users. I lurked for a good 6 months before actually signing up, then another 6 months or so before posting. I've seen what goes on, asked why and got blasted. The same thing happens when a newb comes along and asks a newb question. If the "gang of 6" thinks it was a stupid question then they blast the OP rather than educate him with the vast experience of other members. Most of the time that poster will go elsewhere, where members actually help each other.

What's the real deal, hog? It is curious you find yourself using a pseudo name for your crusade on this board. If your mission is so righteous, why the need to conceal yourself? A "good person" would not need to do that. It begs to question - Why are you REALLY here?

A "good person" would also not need to sit in judgment. Nor would a "good person" need to tell others they're a "good person", or suggest others not sharing their view of the world were not "good people".

I don't disagree that others should pay attention to grammar and spelling - I personally believe it makes the person look less "accomplished". However, I've also come to learn some of the best leaders I know are not great at spelling and grammar - and use professional communicators to write their thoughts for them. Your assumption someone is not "accomplished" because they misspell words is foolish. Personally - I relish people underestimating me...

Why elude to things you've supposedly written without referencing it so the membership can read for themselves? If what you say is true, wouldn't it be helpful to the overall cigar smoking community? and in the process, lend to your credibility as you build a broader appreciation of your work? say what you will - you sure must be ashamed of what you've published. I don't blame you. Your Ashton Maduro review was not what would be considered "accomplished" writings of someone at the top of their game.

No - clearly you're bitter about something and find the need to play some sort of superhero to fill a personal need. If your desire is to shape the community, take your mask off and act as a real person.

Blog Entries

Who is in the "gang of 6?"

Anyhow, there are lots of cigar forums, catering to all types of audiences.

I personally am not complicated enough to distinguish between 'RL' and other kinds (types?) of life; "real friends" and, well, I don't know - imaginary friends?

I just have one life, and I live it one smoke at a time.

P. S. Perhaps try the mobile skin instead of Tapatalk. Not as many features, but it uses a lot less data.

Blog Entries

Personally, I don't care what people think. I live my life as a good person and believe in karma. What goes around comes around.

Most "accomplished" people have learned to spell? Lord!

Yup, been asked for free cigars on here too. Seems common on this forum to ask new members for free cigars. I share with my friends, not to placate aggressive forum members.

I noticed that. I caught on quick that you're a follower. Whatever the "gang of 6" here does, you jump on their bandwagon.

See above. Opinions of others are learning tools. I don't "rely" on anything but my own taste buds. I enjoy comparing my findings with others, and often will find a different perspective after doing so.

Seriously? You're threatening me?

Seriously?

If you're active online or read the industry rags you've most likely seen one already.

Kind of all over the place there, buddy. When it comes to cigars, I am a consumer. I know nothing about becoming an importer or tobacco distributor other than there are numerously more (by an order of magnitude) federal regulations and state regulations imposed in an attempt to prevent you from selling tobacco of any kind. My business does not sell tobacco for that reason. I make it a practice not to offer advice about something I know very little of. That, my friend is called wisdom.

As far as the system working well, I guess it does. At least for the 6 or 7 members that actively post here.

I have this thing I do. It's called a life. I also have real friends, a business to take care of, and a family to spend time with. I don't spend all my free time on this earth online, and if I did it wouldn't be here.

Tapatalk IS a liar. It's also a PIA when it keeps you logged in to a forum that is actually active, because it marks posts as read that you've never read, then you have to back and search to see what you missed. That doesn't seem to be a problem here

See above

The bolded quotes abovemake my point.

Right now:

"Users Browsing this Forum
    There are currently 11 users browsing this forum. (3 members & 8 guests)
    hog CptnBlues63 Danilo2709
    "

I don't think it's completely miserable. Being the eternal optimist that I am, I see great hope here. I enjoy interaction with others, and enjoy comparing my own opinions with the opinions of others. Which is why having more members participating is a benefit to all. No cigar tastes the same to every person, and the insights brought about by fresh points of view are what broaden our horizons. The posts referenced above are typical of this forum. Average what? 6 users online, always the same 6 core users. I lurked for a good 6 months before actually signing up, then another 6 months or so before posting. I've seen what goes on, asked why and got blasted. The same thing happens when a newb comes along and asks a newb question. If the "gang of 6" thinks it was a stupid question then they blast the OP rather than educate him with the vast experience of other members. Most of the time that poster will go elsewhere, where members actually help each other.
    OMG! tldr

Uncle Tupelo

Thread Information