Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unspoken rules

Default Unspoken rules

What's with all the unspoken rules on this forum? I've lurked for a while and noticed that new members get run off in droves because they talked about this before they posted here, or they recommended that before they earned credibility, but to earn credibility you have to do something or other, etc. Some have been especially rude to those with language challenges.

You should try to welcome new members, not drive them off.

Sent from my Star Trek communicator

What could you possibly hope to achieve with this post?

Let me get this straight, you saw all the asshats being run off and you thought "hey, that could be me some day".

Thank you for illustrating my point

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hog View Post
    Thank you for illustrating my point

Asking you a question is rude and unwelcoming?

Blog Entries

What's with all the unspoken rules on this forum? I've lurked for a while and noticed that new members get run off in droves because they talked about this before they posted here, or they recommended that before they earned credibility, but to earn credibility you have to do something or other, etc. Some have been especially rude to those with language challenges.

What new members? What droves? Which have been treated rudely with language barriers (most I recall were spammers?)

Oh, and thanks for the advice, newb.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

I lurk several sites that are "very welcoming" and "very accepting" of everyone. The problem with that is "everyone" isn't worth it. I like it here because douchers, spammers, & scammers never last long. All that you have seen run off will fit into at least one of these three categories.

Oh, hog. You're my hero.

You've been such a contributing member since you've joined, I'm going to really miss you when you leave...
    Last edited by ggiese; 05-23-2013 at 06:31 AM.

I ain't leaving. You guys are way too much fun to annoy

Blog Entries

People are annoyed? Feeling pity for a troll, I'd say.

10. Default

dumbassitis,if left untreated it will turn into screamingfucktardosis
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    People are annoyed? Feeling pity for a troll, I'd say.
    +1. Really dude? Time to pull up your diaper.

I ain't leaving. You guys are way too much fun to annoy

Oh if only we got a free cigar for every wannabe used douche like you who trolled through here...

Originally I didn't respond because I knew you just wanted a little bit of attention and I normally just ignore wingnuts like you because giving you the attention you're looking for only feeds your stupidity until you're banned. Idiots like you never have anything intelligent to say and have even less contribute to a forum like this so even if they're not banned, they never hang around long.

I don't give you a week.

Just FYI, you're not annoying. You're not smart enough to be annoying. You are at best, mildly entertaining.

"Sent from my Star Trek communicator" - That makes perfect sense, you are definitely a 'space cadet'
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

You guys crack me up.

Just an fyi, I am a self employed small business man, have been smoking fine cigars for well over a decade, have a fairly nice collection that could last me the rest of my life, am a senior member of several large, much more active online cigar communities as well as other hobby related sites. I have written many reviews, some of which have hundreds of thousands of views. I am familiar with the typical rules and regs for this type of forum, and I'm far too easy going to get myself banned.

My post was intended for you guys to take a look at what you post and possibly be a little more open minded to the newer members, which in turn would draw more new members and make this place a little more active.

For that I get called a douche bag, troll, stupid and other names.

Nice, real nice.

Last edited by hog; 05-24-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Blog Entries

You guys crack me up.

Just an fyi, I am a self employed small business man, have been smoking fine cigars for well over a decade, have a fairly nice collection that could last me the rest of my life, am a senior member of several large, much more active online cigar communities as well as other hobby related sites. I have written many reviews, some of which have hundreds of thousands of views. I am familiar with the typical rules and regs for this type of forum, and I'm far too easy going to get myself banned.

My post was intended for you guys to take a look at what you post and possibly be a little more open minded to the newer members, which in turn would draw more new members and make this place a little more active.

For that I get called a douche bag, troll, stupid and other names.

Nice, real nice.

Good point, douche bag.

Just an fyi, I am a self employed small business man, have been smoking fine cigars for well over a decade, have a fairly nice collection that could last me the rest of my life, am a senior member of several large, much more active online cigar communities as well as other hobby related sites. I have written many reviews, some of which have hundreds of thousands of views....
    ...and yet you feel compelled to post garbage on this board under a pseudo name.

You crack me up...

You might want to consider that what works for you in your world, doesn't necessarily work well universally. You should perhaps consider packing it in if it doesn't suit your taste.

By the way - you are a legend in your own mind. You can only hope the larger cigar community views you with the same respect you believe they do...
    Last edited by ggiese; 05-24-2013 at 06:53 PM.

16. Default

Oh boy

I am a self employed small business man I am an acomplished Journeyman Electrical Lineman and manage a multimillion dollar warehouse

have been smoking fine cigars for well over a decade, I have been smoking fine cigars regularly since 1989 ,as a hobby since 1984

have a fairly nice collection that could last me the rest of my life I have an outstanding collection that I share with the other members regularly

am a senior member of several large, much more active online cigar communities as well as other hobby related sites. I am member #2 here yet I carry no special powers here

I have written many reviews, some of which have hundreds of thousands of views.reviews are like assholes . I rely on the opinions I form of cigars and on the opinions of other members here. Not some "professional "

I am familiar with the typical rules and regs for this type of forum, I highly doubt that

and I'm far too easy going to get myself banned. We will start a contest on when you will implode so spectacuraly they the result wil be a tiny quantum singularity

For that I get called a douche bag, troll, stupid and other names. we treat all fucktards equally

Nice, real nice. you haven't began to see "nice"

On the internet everybodies dick is 2 feet long
    The older I get ,the better I was

Blog Entries

What's with all the unspoken rules on this forum?
    There aren't any.

When you start a post with a completely ignorant, asinine and immature "question" like that, you shouldn't be surprised at the reactions that follow.

If you don't like this place then leave, you won't be missed. If you want to add content here, go right ahead. If you want to act like an asshole then you're going to be treated like one.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

I have written many reviews, some of which have hundreds of thousands of views.
    May I please see one?
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

I'm really surprised hog is not helping our new friend demarcation with business advice. Here's the perfect opportunity! After all - hog's a self professed "successful small business owner" and may be able to lend some good advice to a new member looking for help with setting up his currently small business...

But I suspect hog doesn't much care about such things and is more intent on being a thorn...

Why are you a legend in your own mind, hog? One can teach you manners, but there's no guarantee you'll learn manners - it requires uptake on the receiving end. And you're too dense to understand the overall membership of at least one of the communities you believe yourself to be a "respected member" doesn't likewise share your perception.

Make no mistake, and likely what you've not received on the uptake.... This is a democracy - matters involving discipline are a community action rather than being in the hands of a couple of moderators. No one regularly participating is looking for a mega cigar community, full of scammers and clowns. This community does it's best to help members correct their social ineptness, but is very intolerant of anyone being destructive. You might disagree, but the system works very well and has been around quite a bit longer than you've been participaing.

Take it for what it's worth - you either "get it" or you don't - chastising the community for your personal perceptions and observations of what you believe to be uncaring attitudes can be destructive to the community you believe you're "saving". Particularly when you're not of a mind to otherwise help the community with valid contributions.
    Last edited by ggiese; 05-25-2013 at 09:41 AM.

I am a new member and have not been ran off yet. I do not have thin skin. I understand you sometimes have to read more that you post. Hopefully soon I can become a fine contributing member here and on other forums on the subject of cigars and cigar accessories. Thank you to all those here who have sent me messages and helped me understand better this great life of cigar smoking. I have made some great friends here that I truly consider BOTL's.

Thread Information