Thread: Cigar shops - Maui?

Default Cigar shops - Maui?

Can anyone recommend any cigar shops in Maui to visit or ones to avoid completely? Going to Maui for a week in July and definitley want to poke around a few shops when i get the chance. I'm renting a car so location isn't really an issue. Does anyone know if the duty free shop at OGG airport has cigars?

Thanks,

Mark

Team Blowholes owns the Whiny Bitches!

Not sure on stores but do try and check out kauai Cigars. The plants are grown in Kauai then shipped to Nicaragua for fermentation and rolling. Then back to Kauai. A friend brought me one to try and I was pleasantly surprised.

Forget the cigars, one of the best coffees in the world is Kona! And if you can find the peaberry Kona coffee - pure heaven!

Blog Entries

Mmmm. Kona coffee. One of the best in the world according to many. I have only had a pound of beans, but if I went to Hawaii I would spend my entire duty-free allowance on coffee beans - especially since Cuban coffee has been unavailable in Canada for about a year now for some reason.

We had Hawaiian cigars in a box split. Mombacho or something like that. While they were good cigars, they were more of a novelty than anything else... they failed my "Would I rather smoke Padron/Fuente" test anyhow :-).

BTW, if you are flying AC and like Scotch/Cognac, etc., it may be worth it to pre-order from the Air Canada duty-free website for delivery on your return flight. Some of the prices seemed pretty good compared to airport duty-free store prices.

Blog Entries

Island Prince Bumboocha. Those got better with about a year. I agree though, I've not had the urge to re-visit them.

http://www.kauaicigar.com/cigars/island-prince/
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Forget the cigars, one of the best coffees in the world is Kona! And if you can find the peaberry Kona coffee - pure heaven!
    Ummm 100% agree. I buy them green from the grean beanery and roast myself

Blog Entries

I stand corrected. The Mombacho is a Toronto(!) brand rolled in Nicaragua.

The Island Prince, Bumboocha or not, is worth a try, though. Kind of like Brazilian cigars (for me).

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor71 View Post
    Not sure on stores but do try and check out kauai Cigars. The plants are grown in Kauai then shipped to Nicaragua for fermentation and rolling. Then back to Kauai. A friend brought me one to try and I was pleasantly surprised.
    Thanks! I will check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    I'm a coffee guy as well, but I can't forget the cigars! When you are forced to pay the prices we as Canadians have to pay at our local shops, any trip to the US means purchasing cigars even if the State you visit is an expensive one. A Padron 2000 is $20.00/stick at my local B&M!

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    Mmmm. Kona coffee. One of the best in the world according to many. I have only had a pound of beans, but if I went to Hawaii I would spend my entire duty-free allowance on coffee beans - especially since Cuban coffee has been unavailable in Canada for about a year now for some reason.

We had Hawaiian cigars in a box split. Mombacho or something like that. While they were good cigars, they were more of a novelty than anything else... they failed my "Would I rather smoke Padron/Fuente" test anyhow :-).

BTW, if you are flying AC and like Scotch/Cognac, etc., it may be worth it to pre-order from the Air Canada duty-free website for delivery on your return flight. Some of the prices seemed pretty good compared to airport duty-free store prices.
    Flying Westjet. I will probably buy a couple of Hawaiian cigars and them buy some of my favourites to make up our limit.

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    I stand corrected. The Mombacho is a Toronto(!) brand rolled in Nicaragua.

The Island Prince, Bumboocha or not, is worth a try, though. Kind of like Brazilian cigars (for me).
    Thanks. As mentioned, I will pick a couple up.

Mark

Howzit, I know there's some shops in Lahaina on the strip itself. I don't remember exactly where, but check it out. ALOHA !!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by f4milytime View Post
    Howzit, I know there's some shops in Lahaina on the strip itself. I don't remember exactly where, but check it out. ALOHA !!
    Who is "Howzit?" Is that Mark's nickname or something?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Who is "Howzit?" Is that Mark's nickname or something?
    Howzit is an island way of saying hi ! ALOHA !!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by f4milytime View Post
    Howzit is an island way of saying hi ! ALOHA !!
    Ina tsammani ba a doluwa! MAR SIN LEAT!!
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 06-23-2013 at 01:40 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Didn't end up buying many cigars but did get some coffee. A couple of pounds of Kona and a pound of Peaberry. Found a neat coffee/cigar shop in Lahaina called Sir Wildred's. They had a great selection of coffee and cigars but the cigars were $$$.

Thread Information