I started a 70 quart coolerador a few months ago. It has a thermo-electric cooling unit which is plugged into a temperature control unit. It uses a fan both inside and outside. It is full of boxes, but all of the boxes ore not full. I put 1 1/2 pounds of 65% Heartfelt beads in two bags. It was working fine.
The last time I added water to the beads was April 15. Lately, the RH is running over 70%. I swiched hygrometers and it reads the same with the different one.
I had been planning to switch to 60% beads, anyway, and so did. I added 3/4 ounce of distilled water to each 3/4 pound bag of beads per the directions. The temperature was running about 66*, so I adjusted it up a little. This was yesterday, around 9 am.
I checked it this morning and it's still running over 70%. While the humidity outside is in the mid 80s, it's only about 60% inside the house.
Should I take a hair dryer to the bags of beads? If so, how long do I use it? Till the beads are opaque? Any advice is appreciated. I'm starting to panic a little.