Thread: humidor trouble please help

Lightbulb humidor trouble please help

hey everyone i need help fast!!!
    i purchased a humidor combo from thompson Co....ive herd great things about them, i got there HUMIDOR CONNECTICUT CHURCHILL COMBO PLUS CUBAN DELIGHT SE.....and i cant get the temp right but i stay around 70% humidity?? there for 2 days i was at 70% but the temp wst st 83?!? i wok up and the pic below shows this temp/%... its been 4 days since i got it i seasoned it and put a sponge in there do cuhz i live in palmdale ca and its hot as hell and dry...i contacted THOMPSON Co they had me do a seal test i put a dollar half way in and shut it and pulled the dollar right to left and it had resistance the whole way showing it was a tight seal but the left side of the lid had less resistance but it wast easy moving the dollar....ive purchased the XIKAR 16OZ SOLUTION..haven't got it yet to use it but please let me know wat to do??
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20130613-00148.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	3442Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20130610-00143.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	3443Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20130613-00147.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	3444

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JessesBodyArt View Post
    i purchased a humidor combo from thompson Co....ive herd great things about them, i got there HUMIDOR CONNECTICUT CHURCHILL COMBO PLUS CUBAN DELIGHT SE.....and i cant get the temp right but i stay around 70% humidity?? there for 2 days i was at 70% but the temp wst st 83?!? i wok up and the pic below shows this temp/%... its been 4 days since i got it i seasoned it and put a sponge in there do cuhz i live in palmdale ca and its hot as hell and dry...i contacted THOMPSON Co they had me do a seal test i put a dollar half way in and shut it and pulled the dollar right to left and it had resistance the whole way showing it was a tight seal but the left side of the lid had less resistance but it wast easy moving the dollar....ive purchased the XIKAR 16OZ SOLUTION..haven't got it yet to use it but please let me know wat to do??
    Where did you go to high school?
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    Where did you go to high school?
    peteknight

Blog Entries

peteknight
    What year did you graduate?

Blog Entries

Alright dude. It was excruciatingly hard to read your post, but here are some of my thoughts...

1. Thompson is often overpriced and their package deals are never worth it. Avoid them from now on. Good luck cancelling the subscription to their catalog.
    2. 70% humidity isn't bad, some people (myself included) prefer 65%.
    3. Temperature isn't regulated by the humidor. Keep your room below 77 and keep the humidor out of direct sun.
    4. You bought a cheap Chinese humidor so it's not a surprise that it has a bad seal. It isn't the end of the world, it just means you need to maintain it more often. Throw the plastic key with the tassel away.
    5. Consider switching to beads instead of the Xikar solution. Heartfelt is good.
    6. It takes time (days) for the humidor to stabilize. During that time you'll likely need to add water.
    7. A humidor at least 2/3 full of cigars will be much more stable.
    8. In the future spend more time with spelling and grammar before you post.
    9. Start a savings plan for your girls now. Right now. Put their savings ahead of your hobby.
    10. I prefer lists that have 10 items in it.

Thread Information