Tunes: N/A
    Date Smoked: 04/12/13

Wrapper: Ecuadorian
    Binder: Dominican
    Filler: Dominican
    Draw: Medium to light
    Burn: great
    Misc: n/a

Pre-light: Colorado shade wrapper. Medium veins and excellent construction. Slight musty / cedar scent. Nice light sweet tobacco flavor on cut prelight paste. That is one cool lookin’ band.

Light: Easy light. Medium to light draw.

1st 3rd: A slight peppery taste. Sweet tobacco and a slight oily ring on the aftertaste. Pleasant, smooth and medium body, medium flavor sofar. More intense flavors of nutty and woodsy, with pepper on the retrohale. Nice.

Ash: Light gray, fluffy looking, but stacks well. Holds on for about 1”

2nd 3rd: Stronger flavors of spicy tobacco and oil. A bit woodsy. Nice mix, and nice blend. Great retrohale flavors, but do it slowly. Oily residual, and nice pepper.

3rd 3rd: Woodsy, oily and really coming through now. Advanced to a medium full body, full flavor towards the end. Nice subtle blend of sweet tobacco and spice. Very good.

Overall impression: Great blend, great cigar.

Thanks kingbeefy for this opportunity!

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the review, glad you enjoyed it.

As I've said before GOF (2008 Carlito blend specifically) was the first premium cigar I smoked that wowed me. Up to that point I had no idea why a cigar should ever cost more than $5, then I smoked it and said, "oh, that's why". My tastes have changed since then so I wouldn't say they are my favorite now, but I do still like them and they still hold some of that nostalgic value that has me always keeping a few on hand. There's something about seeing that bold, and bad ass imo, band while I'm smoking it that takes me back to that first great experience.

Side note: that first great experience I mentioned here was before I had a cutter. I cut it with a steak knife like a pimp.

Thread Information