Thread: Buying my first cigar! Help me out.

1. Default Buying my first cigar! Help me out.

So this Saturday, I'm buying my first cigar. I'm 23 and have smoked hookah for a couple years now, but it lacks that X factor I believe I'll find in cigars.
    I've done quite a bit of research the last couple months. I've watched quite a few video's from Brain Glynn (CigarObsession) on Youtube and learned a bit.

I would like a little advice on what kind of cigar to buy for my first. I know I don't have the experience to enjoy a full bodied cigar, so maybe something medium?

When do cigars stop being some cheap crap like ghetto swisher sweets you find at every gas station and become a nice quality? Where is the price line?
    I don't want to buy some cheap crap, I want an actual cigar. Paying 70 cents for a 'cigar' doesn't even qualify as a cigar to me.

Complete newbie here, I respect all opinions here and value your advice, thank you all out there.

My first "real" cigar was a Montessino - recommended my my local cigar shop. It's a great cigar at a great price point. It introduced me to a quality cigar - medium bodied - nice flavor. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Then you can either work up from there to more expensive, better quality and construction. Or - compare that cigar to some of the cheaper "bundle" cigars.

I smoked my first cigar in Cuba. I'd recommend that! If not, then probably I'd go to a cigar shop and ask for a
    recommendation. I'd also try mild instead of medium, and spend 10 to 20 dollars.
    There's only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD60 View Post
    I smoked my first cigar in Cuba. I'd recommend that! If not, then probably I'd go to a cigar shop and ask for a
    recommendation. I'd also try mild instead of medium, and spend 10 to 20 dollars.
    Oh, Mark... Sadly - Cuba is only a pipe dream for most US citizens. That's sure dangling a carrot with not much hope of enjoying it...

Choice #2 seems to be the only viable option - though it seems a somewhat unfulfilling suggestion unless you recommend a good mild to medium cigar for William. I believe he even thought that himself. Anything you think he should try that would be available at his local cigar shop?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by William.P View Post
    video's from Brain Glynn (CigarObsession) on Youtube and learned a bit.^snip^
    LOLOLOL kaleria!
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Thread Information