Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm a beginner (Suggestions?)

I know this will surprise some of you but I suggest an UNDERCROWN. lol I just love these things. Getting ready to fire up a Gordito in awhile.
    May your ashes be long and your smoke be plentiful...

2. Default

http://www.tampasweethearts.com/

This is the Fuente company store in Ybor city. I met mr Fuente Sr while I was there,wedsite sucks as far as avalible stock but a phone call to them will most likely score you some good chit. Anejos are always available and they had a shitload of 858 ,nat,mad,claro,sg and rosado.Mag R out the wazoo,Heningway in all 3 wrappers ect ect ect . They even had a bunch of wild custom Opus for sale. When I left after chatting with Mr Fuente he thatnks me for buying and smoking his families cigars . He was a nice quiet humble man. I doubt rocky or a lot of other wannabe cigar kingpins would be so "common"
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    http://www.tampasweethearts.com/

This is the Fuente company store in Ybor city. I met mr Fuente Sr while I was there,wedsite sucks as far as avalible stock but a phone call to them will most likely score you some good chit. Anejos are always available and they had a shitload of 858 ,nat,mad,claro,sg and rosado.Mag R out the wazoo,Heningway in all 3 wrappers ect ect ect . They even had a bunch of wild custom Opus for sale. When I left after chatting with Mr Fuente he thatnks me for buying and smoking his families cigars . He was a nice quiet humble man. I doubt rocky or a lot of other wannabe cigar kingpins would be so "common"
    I have met several of the Fuente's. They have always impressed me as passionate, genuine, sincere and grateful. Humble is a good word as well.

Wow this seems like a wonderful place to buy Fuente and Ashton cigars. There was a 5 pack of sun grown 8-5-8's for $31.50! Thanks for the link.

wait you met THE Mr Fuente? like the Arturo Fuente family? in ybor city? im in JAX i might need to make the trip!

So a beginning smoker asks for a few cigar suggestions. What's suggested?

Opus X

Davidoff

AF Anejo

Montecristos

Are these the smokes you folks were buying for your first cigars? Nobody wasted time with any $5 smokes?

(Yes a few reasonably priced cigars were suggested)

Quote Originally Posted by FNA View Post

Opus X

Davidoff

AF Anejo

Montecristos

Are these the smokes you folks were buying for your first cigars? Nobody wasted time with any $5 smokes?

What's your point? Or do you not have one, and just like to show your ass?

Opus X

Davidoff

AF Anejo

Montecristos

I was not aware there was a specified period of time between when you first start smoking a cigar, until you "work up" to smoking a Davidoff, Opus X, AF Anejo or Montecristo? Care to share?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CCarr33 View Post
    Do you guys have any all time favorites to suggest?
    FNA, what does "all time favorite" mean to you?
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Blog Entries

Opus X

Davidoff

AF Anejo

Montecristos

No, they weren't you dip$hit. When I first started smoking cigars, I wish someone had told me to try Davidoffs, Opus X and Aņejos but instead, I wasted lots of money on $hitty $5 smokes.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Yeah I think when someone asks for good "beginner " cigars it can be mistaken for what is cheap. A thread searching for a cheap cigar is different entirely. There have been wonderful suggestions here, I'd like to see a beginner dislike an AF Anejo. Not all beginners are low on money.

Quote Originally Posted by steffanan View Post
    Yeah I think when someone asks for good "beginner " cigars it can be mistaken for what is cheap. A thread searching for a cheap cigar is different entirely. There have been wonderful suggestions here, I'd like to see a beginner dislike an AF Anejo. Not all beginners are low on money.
    this "hobby" is not a cheap one usually. even a small desk humi can run atleast $50 used and up, and up for new ones, all the humi accessories. and im sure just like me most of us have every kind of cutter, ashtreys, torches... etc. and if anyone dont like the exquiste smoke that is the AF Anejo ... they should stick to the marlboros.

that being said. you asked for suggestions for smokes. and judging by what was suggested people were giving you some of their favorites. you dont have to try them at all let alone all at once. everything that was suggested is a great smoke. if you want something cheap... try a black and mild.

rant over... thank you for reading

Thread Information