Thread: The time is...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Okay, I get it. Even if Hex (the site owner) has granted certain yahoos "admin" powers, the only way anyone can make changes with the host is with the account username/password (which is probably just and rightfully so, the site owner). So if Hex hasn't given that information to anyone else then we're screwed on the clock thing.

Reminds me of the problem we had on Snobs where the former owner has lost interest and was willing to turn control over to another guy but the holdup was he needed to give the new guy the credentials to communicate with the hosting company and that took a while.
    Admin's like George have administrative capabilities within CN itself. Which is to say, within the forum itself. Typically, the power to delete a message/thread, lock them, band dumbasses after they've been thoroughly trounced (LOL) and so on. The other type of access is actually server level. With the account info you could remotely connect to the server to fix this time issue or do other things like backups and such. If this issue was within the forum, George or one of the other admins could likely fix it. But being as how it's server level, we'll have to live with the time offset (8 hr's in my case) until Hex returns.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    Admin's like George have administrative capabilities within CN itself. Which is to say, within the forum itself. Typically, the power to delete a message/thread, lock them, band dumbasses after they've been thoroughly trounced (LOL) and so on. The other type of access is actually server level. With the account info you could remotely connect to the server to fix this time issue or do other things like backups and such. If this issue was within the forum, George or one of the other admins could likely fix it. But being as how it's server level, we'll have to live with the time offset (8 hr's in my case) until Hex returns.
    Hex has been made aware of the issue and has responded that he would look into it... (about a week ago).

Thread Information