Thread: No smell

1. Smile No smell

HI guys, I'm a new cigar smoker---just started about 8 months ago---believe it or not, I have no sense of smell (anosmia) but my taste buds are working just fine----I guess this may sound a little stupid---but what cigars taste the best? I could care less about the smell cause I can't smell them anyway.I know I love Javas, Romeo y Jullette, and Montecristos----What are some other really good tasting cigars that I should try? Remember smell is not an issue---just taste.

Thanks

Blog Entries

Weird. Taste is subjective but try a Padron Anniversario. Try a bunch of different cigars and then post some reviews of them. I'd be interested in reading a review from someone who could not smell.
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Blog Entries

I can't (distinctly) smell cigars that I smoke while I am smoking them either. However, if I walk into the room later, or into a room where others are smoking, then I can smell the room note(s) - another situation is if I deliberately sniff the smoke after lighting a cigar before drawing on it the first time.

Smell is a component of taste (which is why, for example, food can taste blander when one's nose is plugged from a cold). Some people's brains integrate smell into taste more than others. My suspicion people like me also don't gain additional taste nuances from blowing smoke up the nose ('retrohaling'), either.

I occasionally have trouble sleeping as well. Never had it affect my cigar smoking though. Weird.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MoeCizlak View Post
    I occasionally have trouble sleeping as well. Never had it affect my cigar smoking though. Weird.
    Damn, that's a load of shit right there....everyone knows that sleeping reduces cigar smoking, so trouble sleeping should increase cigar smoking. Geesh.

Blog Entries

Here at the office, we were given a box of assorted Jelly Belly jelly beans. The beans are sorted in little bins inside the box and the lid lists the flavors of each bin. There are like 30 flavors... root beer, lemon lime, popcorn, chocolate pudding, chile mango, margarita, Dr. Pepper, pear, cherry, green apple... and on and on. When you look at the lid and choose a flavor and then eat the bean - you immediately recognize the taste.

Out of curiosity, we had a little "contest" where one person selected 3 jelly beans for another and without disclosing the flavor, had that person eat and guess each flavor. For strange/distinct flavors (like popcorn, licorice, and chocolate pudding) - people were able to guess correctly. For more "regular" flavors like cherry, orance, lemon, pear, watermelon, peach, etc. - guesses were always wrong.

We get a lot of work done here at the office.
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

7. Default

Yea, I would suggest something nicely flavored... I mean, as far as a good solid stogie taste goes, I would recommend a Montecristo No. 4; it'll give your tastebuds a run for their money!

Thread Information