Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New guy on the block

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    McHenry County or Lake County? Either way, that's a stone's throw from ggiese.
    Both McHenry and Kane counties. A bit west of me, but a wee bit more than a stones throw.

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    I think GG should move to Bitterville to avoid the taxes.
    I would, but my property value has plummeted here in Illinois... ,

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Both McHenry and Kane counties. A bit west of me, but a wee bit more than a stones throw.
    You have to forgive us New Englanders, George. We can visit six states in one day.

Doc
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

Quote Originally Posted by H3rrington View Post
    Wyoming ain't all bad.
    Nice pic, that's my kind of country!
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Blog Entries

You have to forgive us New Englanders,
    George. We can visit six states in one day.
    ... and another country.

I used to have Scott AFB on my dream sheet.

Took it off as soon as I went home on leave. Couldn't believe how much the city went down the drain after only four years. Or maybe I just romanticized it as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    Nice pic, that's my kind of country!
    I took it up at the cabin my buddies family owns. I try to head out there every chance I get. Really gets your head clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Doc View Post
    You have to forgive us New Englanders, George. We can visit six states in one day.

Doc
    LOL - but at least it's not a boring trip like the flatlands!

The strangest experience I'd ever had on a drive was navigating a map of Delaware. I assumed it was the same scale as an Illinois map and plotted our course - assuming it would take between 1 1/2 hours. Was shocked when we got there in 20 minutes...

I just drove 27 hours from NY back to Wyoming. I will never again drive through Iowa and Nebraska in a single stretch. Most boring drive of my existence

I took it up at the cabin my buddies family owns. I try to head out there every chance I get. Really gets your head clear.
    ...northern Wisconsin does it for me! One crisp fall day I even witnessed the Northern Lights. What a trip that was!

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    ...northern Wisconsin does it for me! One crisp fall day I even witnessed the Northern Lights. What a trip that was!
    Wisconsin is beautiful.

I use to go to St. John's northwestern for school. It's flat but beautiful

Blog Entries

Doc
    Hey Doc,

A guy I went to high school with moved up to VT a long time ago. I saw his brother last week and I ask him where Walt moved to. He told me "Victory, VT" I looked it up and sure enough, Northeast Kingdom, LMAO! As a matter of fact, it's the smallest town that actually has it's own government in the NE Kingdom and the population went down in 2010 to 62 from a whopping 90 in 2000. Walt is big into 4 wheelin' and snowmobiling so Essex County must be like heaven on earth for him.

He made the newspaper last winter.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Noob question.

Where's the hangout spot? I notice in. Lot of sub forum posts will go days without anything. Is there one sub forum with a lot of traffic?

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Hey Doc,

A guy I went to high school with moved up to VT a long time ago. I saw his brother last week and I ask him where Walt moved to. He told me "Victory, VT" I looked it up and sure enough, Northeast Kingdom, LMAO! As a matter of fact, it's the smallest town that actually has it's own government in the NE Kingdom and the population went down in 2010 to 62 from a whopping 90 in 2000. Walt is big into 4 wheelin' and snowmobiling so Essex County must be like heaven on earth for him.

He made the newspaper last winter.
    Victory is where god lives. I plan on having my ashes spread in the headwaters of the Moose River at Damon's crossing at the South end of the Bog. I grew up on that river, just a little further down. Victory, and it's neighboring town, Granby, were the last towns in the US to get electricity in the mid '60's, so I'm told.

Doc
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

Blog Entries

Obviously none of you have driven through Kansas. But, why would you.

I just drove 27 hours from NY back to Wyoming. I will never again drive through Iowa and Nebraska in a single stretch. Most boring drive of my existence
    I'll have you know that people travel from thousands of miles to make that drive through Iowa. With exciting elevation changes, sometimes up to 100ft or more, and thousands of cornfields, they are a strong draw to literally dozens of tourists. It's just unfortunate that Iowa is sandwiched in between Nebraska and Illinois.

Blog Entries

Doc
    Yeah, I visited four last Saturday, CT, MA, VT & NH in less than two hours.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by MoeCizlak View Post
    I'll have you know that people travel from thousands of miles to make that drive through Iowa. With exciting elevation changes, sometimes up to 100ft or more, and thousands of cornfields, they are a strong draw to literally dozens of tourists. It's just unfortunate that Iowa is sandwiched in between Nebraska and Illinois.
    No offense to your home state. Everything outside Chicago is all cornfields too.

But that truck stop you guys have? Massive.

Thread Information