I agree that they will not have any typos, but I definitely wouldn't say they have never had any. I try to catch all of the ones I have, but I am also trying to help customers in our shops. I work at our stores and get pulled away from the computer a lot so I do get sidetracked or forget and they can slip through. If I slip up somewhere and you let me know, I welcome that. I have no problem with constructive criticism. However to make the assumption that I am lazy, stupid, don't care about my customers and/or don't know how to run a business is definitely inaccurate. Assumptions like that from one post are a bit over the top, considering that you probably don't know much about myself or our business as I don't personally know you or yours. To imply that I would mess up and order and then basically tell a customer "tough luck" is also excessive. I take customer satisfaction very serious because it is what keeps myself in business.

As for CC86s comments I apologize if you think I had and "attitude" unfortunately things can be taking differently in text depending on how a person reads it. Your first post implied that I am "stupid" did it not? It could be sarcasm or you could've been serious I don't know so I tried to respond in a way that was a lighthearted jab back at you, for lack of a better description. I am not here to offend or argue with anyone, just discuss cigars and offer specials to fellow cigar smokers.
I am not making excuses I admitted that I made a mistake in my post, there is no refuting that. Again I apologize if I offended you or if my posts were written in a way that would be taken as offensive.

I will have to look further into the issue you are having with the site. I have checked our site from a few different computers now and have had no issues.