Thread: Slim Torch Lighters

Default Slim Torch Lighters

Winter is on it's way and I'm looking for a slim lighter I can carry around without really noticing while still providing a strong flame.
    So far on the list I have ST Dupont Maxi Jet, Xikar Flash and Lotus 4400.
    I received the Flash in a cigar deal but the ignition system completely crapped out on me after a little over a year. I was using it everyday though and beat it up.

Any suggests on other lighters I should look into or experience with the ones already on my list would be really appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by victory01 View Post
    Winter is on it's way and I'm looking for a slim lighter I can carry around without really noticing while still providing a strong flame.
    I received the Flash in a cigar deal but the ignition system completely crapped out on me after a little over a year. I was using it everyday though and beat it up.

Any suggests on other lighters I should look into or experience with the ones already on my list would be really appreciated.
    I own two XiKar's that I like very much. I consider both to be relatively slim. I have no idea what you consider slim. They're definitely wider than a piece of paper, but narrower than my thumb.

http://www.xikar.com/products/lighters/ELX/

and

http://www.xikar.com/products/lighters/executive/

The first one (the ELX) stopped sparking so I contacted XiKar and they said to ship it back to them. I did. A week or two later I received a brand new replacement at no cost to me. You have to like a lifetime warranty.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by victory01 View Post

If you take your Flash to your local B&M, they will exchange it on the spot. Well, most will, some are a-holes. I have done this twice, nothing better, no shipping, no waiting, and new lighter

Quote Originally Posted by BurninMaduro View Post
    If you take your Flash to your local B&M, they will exchange it on the spot. Well, most will, some are a-holes. I have done this twice, nothing better, no shipping, no waiting, and new lighter
    I got it from cigar.com and threw it out. Plus I live in Canada and B&Ms are pretty rare let alone having relationships with xikar like that.

Blog Entries

I am in Canada and about four years ago my Xikar was replaced on-the-spot with a new unit at a local dealer.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    I am in Canada and about four years ago my Xikar was replaced on-the-spot with a new unit at a local dealer.
    Yep, Xikar rocks, even in Canada!!!

I have a few of the Xikar Executive Torch Lighters which work great at lower altitudes (below 5,000 feet) but crap out at 7-8,000 feet.
    Wild

On Tap -

1. Red IPA
    2. Extreme Red

Secondary - Mesquite Bourbon Mead

"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind." - Humphrey Bogart

8. Default

What about something completely different? Saw this the other day. Visol Phantom is different, slim, not too expensive http://www.cigarlighterreviews.com/2...er-review.html Though, the Xikar Flash is going to be the slimmest of them all I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by BurninMaduro View Post
    What about something completely different? Saw this the other day. Visol Phantom is different, slim, not too expensive http://www.cigarlighterreviews.com/2...er-review.html Though, the Xikar Flash is going to be the slimmest of them all I would think.
    ..and the Xikar has a lifetime warranty. And they MEAN lifetime!

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    ..and the Xikar has a lifetime warranty. And they MEAN lifetime!
    Absolutely, the best in the business! IMHO of course.

Thread Information