Quote Originally Posted by S.A.W.B. View Post
Thank for all the compliments I'm with you on the skinning knife handle. I'm a bow hunter myself so I know where you are coming from. Like I said shop time is rare now days but that doesn't mean there may not be something in the future for trade. I'll add you to the list with Cigarsarge.
Very cool!

Thanks, I appreciate it and hope you find some time to make a few more knives. If not, that's life, but I'm glad you'll add me to the list.

I used to hunt with a bow back in the 80's but got sick and tired of seeing the animal I wanted out of range so I went back to rifle. I've been giving some thought to buying another bow though because at the moment where I live, you can buy a general archery tag for moose and elk. There's talk they'll be going to a draw system like they do for rifle and if they do, it won't be worth it for me. I already draw for moose and elk where I hunt which is about 360 miles west of where I'm living.

Typically I come back from that trip with my general whitetail tag intact and I can always get two supplemental "antlerless whitetail" tags for around home too so I hunt through the rest of November locally on the weekends.

I've heard from a few people that those Damascus blades can really hold an edge and I've been dying to get my hands on one and find out!