Thread: What happened to brickhouse cigars?

Default What happened to brickhouse cigars?

I remember trying one of these several years ago and they were not good at all. I got one at a cigar event about a month ago and fired it up yesterday morning just for the hell of it. It was a different cigar than what I remember. It was a pretty nice morning cigar. Did my taste change that much or has there been a change in the cigar?

2. Default

Totally forgot about that brand...If I am not mistaken they are a Torano brand.

Blog Entries

J.C. Newman brand.

I haven't had any since I did a split a while back. They were ok, but I never searched for more. They have them at my B&M. I think Mangyrat was a fan.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

I actually liked the brick house cigars if it was not for the damn things splitting.
    I gave up on them and will not be trying them again I gave them 3 chances.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    I actually liked the brick house cigars if it was not for the damn things splitting.
    I gave up on them and will not be trying them again I gave them 3 chances.
    Didn't have any problem with the one I tried. It burned fine.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    J.C. Newman brand.

I haven't had any since I did a split a while back. They were ok, but I never searched for more. They have them at my B&M. I think Mangyrat was a fan.
    Yep, same for me. I agree that they are a decent morning smoke, the short torpedo works well with coffee. But, so does a party short, PLPC, RG Perla and a plethora of other, better tasting sticks (imho). IIRC, the cost for these are in the $5/stick range which is pretty well populated.

The first run before they were released I picked up one box from the rep "they were introducing them at events" and 5 out of 20 split this was the Toro size.

The next time I ran in to the rep at a cigar event I talked to him and he told me we have some complaint about wrappers splitting with the toro's so I picked up a box of robusto. out of 20 I only had 3 split.

The last box I picked up form my local shop again I went with robusto's and had 2 split again.

Granted they were new and they were working out problems but it turned me off on them having 10 total split out of 60 cigars.
    Every now and then ill pick up one at my local shop and have not had a problem with any when I get them one at a time.

They are a good cigar and I like the taste I just will not get a full box again.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

See, that is the problem. You guys are doing this all wrong. It's the Churchills! That is where it is at with these.

I had a few Toros, but were not impressed with them. Though, the Churchills have been great to me.
    Yay! Cigars!

I just was sent a Brickhouse cigar (Robusto) by the J.C. Newman cigar club in the 2013 member kit (along with a El Baton Robusto, Cuesta Rey Centenario No. 5 and a Diamond Crown #4 Robusto). This years t-shirt is pretty doggone cool too...
    Last edited by ggiese; 10-29-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Thread Information