Thread: need help

1. Default need help

My daughter just returned from a cruise with some cigars as a gift. They are Cohiba Habana Edicion Limitada 2014. 5 torpedo cigars in a small wooden case with a glass front. I have been a cigar smoker for 40+ years and have had cigars from cuba before but never cohiba's . I have a regular supply of Monte Cristo #4 torpedo's that are very good. I opened these and put them in my humidor. I have to admit they do not smell that good either. I hope for my daughters sake they are not knockoffs as if I would know the difference My stick of choice is an 858 maduro by fuente

What do you need help with?

yeah what he said ^^

Quote Originally Posted by stratosjoe View Post
    My daughter just returned from a cruise with some cigars as a gift. They are Cohiba Habana Edicion Limitada 2014. 5 torpedo cigars in a small wooden case with a glass front. I have been a cigar smoker for 40+ years and have had cigars from cuba before but never cohiba's . I have a regular supply of Monte Cristo #4 torpedo's that are very good. I opened these and put them in my humidor. I have to admit they do not smell that good either. I hope for my daughters sake they are not knockoffs as if I would know the difference My stick of choice is an 858 maduro by fuente
    Uhhhhh.... You're daughter is awfully thoughtful, just not very wise.

5. Default

sorry I did a search and found nothing my question is there such an animal ? She will not know either way and for my buck I would prefer Dominican over Cuban any way. thanks for any ideas Joe

6. Default

Habanos S.A. does not market any cigar in a "glass" top box. Nassau ect ect is famous for selling fakes. Some are pretty vile and some are decent but eother way they are not real.
    The older I get ,the better I was

7. Default

thanks Kevin , i specifically told her not to buy anything but dominican maduros oh well she won't know so what to hell

Blog Entries

Yeah, it's cool when someone tries. My daughter's 5, and if someday, a long long long time from now, she came back from the tropics with glass tops for me, I'd act thrilled about the cigars but treasure the thought.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Yeah, it's cool when someone tries. My daughter's 5, and if someday, a long long long time from now, she came back from the tropics with glass tops for me, I'd act thrilled about the cigars but treasure the thought.
    My wife is Thirty 5, and I still get those presents. Smile, say it's awesome, big hugs and chuckle to myself. It really is the thought that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreekTitan View Post
    My wife is Thirty 5, and I still get those presents. Smile, say it's awesome, big hugs and chuckle to myself. It really is the thought that counts.
    LOL Agreed!

A friend came back from Cuba a couple years back and brought me a present. Some guy at the hotel he stayed at had a {insert family member here} who worked at the Cohiba factory.

On the plus side, I got the box of Esplendidos (italics here denoting fake) for $2/each and they were most likely Cuban tobacco..........
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Thread Information