Thread: Turbolags Very Own Thread to Discuss His Business Venture

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    So ask yourself - is this about YOU or is this about the cigar smoking community? Because, quite frankly, if it's about the cigar smoking community you would not be posting links to your website trying to draw people away from an established cigar discussion community.
    Not trying to argue, but in your profile area you are allowed to post a link to your own personal website.

Look guys, I'm not trying to stir up trouble ok? I'm just following the lesson plan of a successful marketer. I don't like posting links to my site on other sites but it says to do it and I want to make it work.

If it offends everyone so much, I'll just make my exit now.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbolag View Post
    Not trying to argue, but in your profile area you are allowed to post a link to your own personal website.

Look guys, I'm not trying to stir up trouble ok? I'm just following the lesson plan of a successful marketer. I don't like posting links to my site on other sites but it says to do it and I want to make it work.

Offended? Nahh.... Stick around - don't get all butt hurt. It's okay...

However - worried about you because you seem to have been led a bit astray? Uh - yeah...

I don't know who this "successful marketer" is, but I suspect he's likely "successful" because he's selling his "formula" for success (and it has something to do with "SEO"). And - if you bought his plan - congrats. He's even more successful.

Think about it - most (95%+) of his "students" will not be as "successful" as he is. Why is that? Did they not follow his "formula" for success? Or - did they not have the requisite skills needed to be successful? I would argue that you can have the best "plan" ("formula") in the world - but if you personally don't have the necessary skills to execute it, the plan is not worth the paper it's printed on.

Follow my FREE advice (yep - that's right - best deal you're gonna get - it's absolutely completely free with no charge - all you gotta do is invest a coupla dollars to rent a video)... Watch and absorb "Jiro Dreams of Sushi". I will tell you it will be hard to watch because it's Japanese with English subtitles - but the success story of Jiro Ono is where your head needs to be if you want to be successful. See if you pick up anything worthwhile in that story (I know - what does Sushi have with success... But hang in there - the message is clear). If you come back to tell me how "boring" his story is - or you don't "get it" - you really don't have what it takes to be an entrepeneur...
    Last edited by ggiese; 11-18-2013 at 12:20 PM.

Offended? Nahh.... Stick around - don't get all butt hurt. It's okay...

However - worried about you because you seem to have been led a bit astray? Uh - yeah...

I don't know who this "successful marketer" is, but I suspect he's likely "successful" because he's selling his "formula" for success (and it has something to do with "SEO"). And - if you bought his plan - congrats. He's even more successful.

Think about it - most (95%+) of his "students" will not be as "successful" as he is. Why is that? Did they not follow his "formula" for success? Or - did they not have the requisite skills needed to be successful? I would argue that you can have the best "plan" ("formula") in the world - but if you personally don't have the necessary skills to execute it, the plan is not worth the paper it's printed on.
    I will stick around. I'm not offended or anything. I just don't want anyone to think I'm trying to stir up trouble.

I agree with you on marketer part. I thought really hard about what you are saying before I signed up. I was really reluctant to. So far I have learned some marketing tools that I'm not sure how I would have found out otherwise. But I definitely know what you mean about the 95% probably won't be as successful. I thought I would try it and see.

But anyway, I don't wanna take up anymore space in this thread about this issue. I'm happy to be aboard and want to learn more and if I have anything to contribute I would be more than happy to.

And I will check out the movie you suggested. Thanks for the recommendation.

I did sign up because it was discussed in the program, but I do want to join multiple cigar forums and read and learn more.

So I'm back at work as of yesterday. During my two weeks off for my annual hunting trip I managed to smoke quite a few cigars. At least one a day, which for me is a lot. I even snuck two a day in a couple times. Here's some of what I smoked:

- AF 8-5-8 Maduro/Natural/Sungrown
    - RP Vintage 1990
    - Padron 3000 Maduro Robusto
    - Padron 3000 Lonsdale
    - Padron 1926 (forget what number they are but is from that split with Will)
    - RyJ Churchill
    - Partagas Series D No.4
    - Cuban Stock Royal Selection
    - Monte Cristo #4
    - CAO Brazillia Maduro
    - Te-Amo #4
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    - Padron 1926 (forget what number they are but is from that split with Will)
    - CAO Brazillia Maduro
    What did you think of these two sticks ? I've been wanting to pick both of these up, just didn't wanna spend the coin on the first one.

What are their flavors like ?

2 a day is my limit. Anymore and I don't feel so well.

I found that out about a month ago.

Angry

What did you think of these two sticks ? I've been wanting to pick both of these up, just didn't wanna spend the coin on the first one.

Wow... Just wow... I would have to say - consistently the Padron 1926 (particularly the Maduro) is hands down one of the best cigars you're going to smoke in the "more reasonable" price range (excluding the more ungodly expensive, impossible to find cigars).

I'm not quite sure what your effort is focused on with this cigar smoking venture. Perhaps we need some clarification. In my view, if your effort is going to be to be a SME of less than $5.00 cigars - I believe you'll find the market is completely flooded with "experts" and competition will be very tight. If your desire is to be considered an "authority" on cigar smoking and you don't want to spend the "coin", you may want to consider putting your efforts towards a different venture.

Now - if you REALLY want a smoking thrill pick up some Davidoff's (I recommend the Maduro R and the Anniversario #1). Smoke a Rocky Patel Edge - and then smoke the Davidoff Maduro R. Compare and contrast to get a sense of the differences between the two and why it would be more "coin" for the Maduro R. That would be a worthwhile exercise on your quest...

Wow... Just wow... I would have to say - consistently the Padron 1926 (particularly the Maduro) is hands down one of the best cigars you're going to smoke in the "more reasonable" price range (excluding the more ungodly expensive, impossible to find cigars).

I'm not quite sure what your effort is focused on with this cigar smoking venture. Perhaps we need some clarification. In my view, if your effort is going to be to be a SME of less than $5.00 cigars - I believe you'll find the market is completely flooded with "experts" and competition will be very tight. If your desire is to be considered an "authority" on cigar smoking and you don't want to spend the "coin", you may want to consider putting your efforts towards a different venture.

Now - if you REALLY want a smoking thrill pick up some Davidoff's (I recommend the Maduro R and the Anniversario #1). Smoke a Rocky Patel Edge - and then smoke the Davidoff Maduro R. Compare and contrast to get a sense of the differences between the two and why it would be more "coin" for the Maduro R. That would be a worthwhile exercise on your quest...
    I'll work on picking up a 1926. Been wanting to try one.

I had a Rocky Patel Edge for my birthday a couple months ago.

I have been wanting to try the Davidoff line also. Really want to try the Davidoff 3000.

Yes I know what you mean about the market being saturated. I really don't know if it will work or not. There are many youtube videos and bloggers out there.

So what's gonna make someone check out my website when they can go to youtube etc?

I wanted to pick a "niche" that was my hobby and I really enjoyed, but there is quite a bit of info out there on this topic. So I may have to change. I'm not sure yet. I'll give it a couple months and see.

The 1926 is an extremely good cigar. But then I feel that's true for all Padron's.

The CAO Brazillia Maduro was a decent smoke but it ran badly down one side while smoking it. This meant constant touch-ups and less enjoyment for me. I have one more of those and if it burns properly, I think I'll enjoy it a lot.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    The 1926 is an extremely good cigar. But then I feel that's true for all Padron's.

The CAO Brazillia Maduro was a decent smoke but it ran badly down one side while smoking it. This meant constant touch-ups and less enjoyment for me. I have one more of those and if it burns properly, I think I'll enjoy it a lot.
    I had the inconsistent burn happen a couple cigars ago..... every 5 minutes I was touching it up.

When the burn only goes down one side like that, is it because of surrounding conditions like wind? Or is it just the construction of the cigar ?

I think I'll check C Bid for some Padrons.

Blog Entries

I had an improperly selected, marginally lit and completely incorrectly smoked PLPC with my morning coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    I had an improperly selected, marginally lit and completely incorrectly smoked PLPC with my morning coffee.
    Aw, that's a shame. I was having the same problems until just recently. There's a link to an exceptional article around here somewhere. It helped me tremendously. If I can find it, I'll point you in the right direction. Please don't give up, cigars really are a novelty worthy of much practice and study.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreekTitan View Post
    Aw, that's a shame. I was having the same problems until just recently. There's a link to an exceptional article around here somewhere. It helped me tremendously. If I can find it, I'll point you in the right direction. Please don't give up, cigars really are a novelty worthy of much practice and study.
    I accidentally cut a double corona into two individual corona's last night with a pizza cutter. So, I would like to see that article as well if you can find it. I'm hoping there may be something about cutting there that could help me.

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreekTitan View Post
    Once the consumer learns to optimize their smoking experience, it can be very enjoyable and a fun hobby to take part.

Blog Entries

How can you not expect some flack for what you're doing. It's really pretty simple. What you are trying to do for $$, the membership of this community gives away freely. That's kinda what this place is about.

wow... quite the discussion going on over here. Here i was thinking i was going to get to see some good smokes that people were having for the day and instead there was a salesman trying to get people over to his site. i personally think that if you feel the need to explain yourself that much, you are up to something.

and on that note... this site has more than enough taste, experence and advise for any level of smoker.

Had a Macanudo Maduro today.

Love this one ! Will pick up more of these !

Thread Information