Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
Offended? Nahh.... Stick around - don't get all butt hurt. It's okay...

However - worried about you because you seem to have been led a bit astray? Uh - yeah...

I don't know who this "successful marketer" is, but I suspect he's likely "successful" because he's selling his "formula" for success (and it has something to do with "SEO"). And - if you bought his plan - congrats. He's even more successful.

Think about it - most (95%+) of his "students" will not be as "successful" as he is. Why is that? Did they not follow his "formula" for success? Or - did they not have the requisite skills needed to be successful? I would argue that you can have the best "plan" ("formula") in the world - but if you personally don't have the necessary skills to execute it, the plan is not worth the paper it's printed on.
I will stick around. I'm not offended or anything. I just don't want anyone to think I'm trying to stir up trouble.

I agree with you on marketer part. I thought really hard about what you are saying before I signed up. I was really reluctant to. So far I have learned some marketing tools that I'm not sure how I would have found out otherwise. But I definitely know what you mean about the 95% probably won't be as successful. I thought I would try it and see.

But anyway, I don't wanna take up anymore space in this thread about this issue. I'm happy to be aboard and want to learn more and if I have anything to contribute I would be more than happy to.

And I will check out the movie you suggested. Thanks for the recommendation.

I did sign up because it was discussed in the program, but I do want to join multiple cigar forums and read and learn more.