Thread: The Evil Site is Down at 4:40 AM EST

Blog Entries

Default The Evil Site is Down at 4:40 AM EST

I've never had this problem, but CBID is not working this morning. It looks like their web service took a hit as there server is sending a message from the site describing the problem.

It's noteworthy to me, because I am in humidor re-stock mode and I've been bidding on something nearly constantly since I decided to get back into cigars once again. I had a bid where I was about to get some of my favorite 5-Vegas Limitada cigars for $2.00 a stick and I wanted to see if anyone bumped up the bidding on me last night.

Here is the error:

Server Error in '/' Application.
    Runtime Error
    Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

On two separate occasions I was showing as the high bidder, only to lose the lots at the end of bidding to someone with the same high bid. They claimed the other bidder had their high bid in before mine. I don't understand how I'd be showing as the high bidder during most of the auction if that were true. And to make matters worse - customer service was incredibly poor. I guess you get what you pay for.

Something is definitely funky with that site - I had them wipe all of my data from their records and I absolutely refuse to do any more business with them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    snip.....
    Something is definitely funky with that site - I had them wipe all of my data from their records and I absolutely refuse to do any more business with them.
    Ditto! I've been on auction-site embargo for quite some time now, both C-bid and famous.

Blog Entries

Unfortunately, living in Maryland with its high cigar tax, makes the site a necessity. I could drive an hour to Virginia, of course, which I have done in the past, but I just prefer to take my chances with the Evil Site. I've never had any problems with them ever and have had excellent customer service.

Also, where would I get my 5-Vegas?? Why I'd have to change my avatar....blasphemy!

Thread Information