Thread: XBone

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

OS/360 FTW.
    If not, NOS.

Blog Entries

Fired up the N64 for some Goldeneye action tonight.

Holy shit I'm rusty!
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Fired up the N64 for some Goldeneye action tonight.

Holy shit I'm rusty!
    Awesome game! 4 player split screen was the coolest thing ever, at the time.

Blog Entries

Couple things about GE:

Our one neighbor in college had this game, and it was all we ever played. Jon was so good at it, we'd all just gather on the couch, and watch him play, like it was a movie. His moves were that fluid. He also had a 600watt or something huge, sound system. He had a mixer that he'd put techno on, and they had a string of Christmas lights up going...wait, I'm going somewhere else with this. Oh yeah, well, he'd play music, and still the game's sounds would come through like a sound track. Loved it.

Also, the TV I'm using downstairs for this was one of my first purchases after college with my new job. 27" Sharp, and the N64 just so I could continue playing the game.

For the ultimate cheat "invincible" I figured out that the Pat Benatar song "invincible" was exactly the time needed to complete that level (2:05) and I'd play it over and over in my apartment to get that cheat.

Good times. Guess I should have been out trying to find wimmin, but whatever.

Uncle Tupelo

Couple things about GE:

Our one neighbor in college had this game, and it was all we ever played. Jon was so good at it, we'd all just gather on the couch, and watch him play, like it was a movie. His moves were that fluid. He also had a 600watt or something huge, sound system. He had a mixer that he'd put techno on, and they had a string of Christmas lights up going...wait, I'm going somewhere else with this. Oh yeah, well, he'd play music, and still the game's sounds would come through like a sound track. Loved it.

Also, the TV I'm using downstairs for this was one of my first purchases after college with my new job. 27" Sharp, and the N64 just so I could continue playing the game.

For the ultimate cheat "invincible" I figured out that the Pat Benatar song "invincible" was exactly the time needed to complete that level (2:05) and I'd play it over and over in my apartment to get that cheat.

Good times. Guess I should have been out trying to find wimmin, but whatever.

Yeah, we used to smoke herb while playing too.

I've got a couple buddies that are ridiculously good at video games. Frustrating, but impressive. And, I don't remember the invincible cheat.

Blog Entries

It was the total best cheat. Nobody could do anything to you at all. You could walk through grenade blasts and everything.

Uncle Tupelo

It was the total best cheat. Nobody could do anything to you at all. You could walk through grenade blasts and everything.
    Wish I knew that one. Do you remember this one?

Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start

Different game of course.

Thread Information