Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: XBone

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default XBone

Anybody have the XBox One? I've been playing Forza 5 and Call of Duty Ghosts for the past couple days. Hit me up if you want to play.

I think you can guess what my gamertag is.

By the way, I really like it. Nice upgrade from the 360, and I think it will only get better.

I have one. Gamer tag is my username. I also play Forza 5 but I'm more of a Battlefield 4 guy. Haven't played much since I've been home.

Blog Entries

This sucks, I got a PS4.

Blog Entries

I have the 360, and am completely satisfied with it. My thumbs hate each other so I don't play the shooter games.

Quote Originally Posted by FordRaptorFiend View Post
    I have one. Gamer tag is my username. I also play Forza 5 but I'm more of a Battlefield 4 guy. Haven't played much since I've been home.
    Well if you ever get to racing, hit me up. Forza is a great game. Quite a few asshats trying to ruin it, but they won't last long.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    This sucks, I got a PS4.
    Ha! Sucker. Just kidding, it's really personal preference. I've always had better control with xbox controllers over playstation. A B X Y makes sense to me. Circle Square Triangle X just irritates me. I do believe it's a toss up for game quality, but I give xbox a few points for online multiplayer...and of course the aforementioned controller layout.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    I have the 360, and am completely satisfied with it. My thumbs hate each other so I don't play the shooter games.
    360 is a great machine, and will be around for years. What do you play? If you're a Rock Band guy, I can play a mean lead guitar and pretty deadly on drums. Just don't ask me to sing.

Blog Entries

Xbone sounds like a pron site.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreekTitan View Post
    360 is a great machine, and will be around for years. What do you play? If you're a Rock Band guy, I can play a mean lead guitar and pretty deadly on drums. Just don't ask me to sing.
    I play racing games...Nascar - Forza4, but I've never played online. I suck so bad that these two games will probably keep me occupied for a few more years.

Blog Entries

You will all be absorbed into the Googleplex. Come peacefully. There will be cookies.

Blog Entries

I have never understood the generic hatred for certain tech companies. As George mentioned he disliked Apple for years, won an iPad and realized Apple wasn't all that bad.

I'm not speaking for George here, I don't know what his reasoning was, but I have a friend that hates Apple juat to be contrary. The truth is Apple isn't as popular as it is just because a bunch of black rimmed, no lense glasses wearing hipsters decided they were going to jump on that bandwagon and make it popular. It's also not just because it was marketed so well or that Steve Jobs was an evil genius that has convinced the world to eat from this new forbidden fruit. It's mostly because it's as user friendly as anything else on the market, and it just works, very well. Also, the fact that so much of their software is so controlled seems to be a major reason why it does work so very well.

Bottom line is we still operate in a free market. In most places you can still get just phone service alone relatively cheap. If you want greater access to the greater world via the internet you will need to pay the additional $ for the additional services, but you don't have to. If you want the additional entertainment value offered by XBOX you will need to pay the additional $ for it, but you don't have to. You could buy that TurboGraphix 16 from Mangy and just and be done with all the "expensive, money grabbing" additional services the new consoles offer. But I bet you'll still pay a lot more for a new console and then you will then pay more $ for any additional services you WANT.

If they are charging for it and people in a free market are paying for it then there absolutely has to be some value there. It's as simple as that regardless of which tech team you have decided you love or which one you have decided you hate.

If you don't like it don't choose to participate. It's still your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    I have never understood the generic hatred for certain tech companies. As George mentioned he disliked Apple for years, won an iPad and realized Apple wasn't all that bad.

I'm not speaking for George here, I don't know what his reasoning was, but I have a friend that hates Apple juat to be contrary. The truth is Apple isn't as popular as it is just because a bunch of black rimmed, no lense glasses wearing hipsters decided they were going to jump on that bandwagon and make it popular. It's also not just because it was marketed so well or that Steve Jobs was an evil genius that has convinced the world to eat from this new forbidden fruit. It's mostly because it's as user friendly as anything else on the market, and it just works, very well. Also, the fact that so much of their software is so controlled seems to be a major reason why it does work so very well.

Bottom line is we still operate in a free market. In most places you can still get just phone service alone relatively cheap. If you want greater access to the greater world via the internet you will need to pay the additional $ for the additional services, but you don't have to. If you want the additional entertainment value offered by XBOX you will need to pay the additional $ for it, but you don't have to. You could buy that TurboGraphix 16 from Mangy and just and be done with all the "expensive, money grabbing" additional services the new consoles offer. But I bet you'll still pay a lot more for a new console and then you will then pay more $ for any additional services you WANT.

If they are charging for it and people in a free market are paying for it then there absolutely has to be some value there. It's as simple as that regardless of which tech team you have decided you love or which one you have decided you hate.

If you don't like it don't choose to participate. It's still your choice.
    I started to write this long dissertation about why I disliked Apple so much. Suffice it to say - my aversion to Apple is rooted in what would be considered ancient history... I don't want to admit I'm an old fart, but let's just say I have damned good reasons that would not be understood unless you were back riding dinosaurs with me.

But (as I type this on my iPad Air) some things do change...

Most don't like change. I refuse to buy an android phone or tablet but that's because I'm accustomed to Apple. I feel lost using something else so I automatically dislike it even if it's a great product.

Blog Entries

OS/360 FTW.
    If not, NOS.

Blog Entries

Fired up the N64 for some Goldeneye action tonight.

Holy shit I'm rusty!

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Fired up the N64 for some Goldeneye action tonight.

Holy shit I'm rusty!
    Awesome game! 4 player split screen was the coolest thing ever, at the time.

Blog Entries

Couple things about GE:

Our one neighbor in college had this game, and it was all we ever played. Jon was so good at it, we'd all just gather on the couch, and watch him play, like it was a movie. His moves were that fluid. He also had a 600watt or something huge, sound system. He had a mixer that he'd put techno on, and they had a string of Christmas lights up going...wait, I'm going somewhere else with this. Oh yeah, well, he'd play music, and still the game's sounds would come through like a sound track. Loved it.

Also, the TV I'm using downstairs for this was one of my first purchases after college with my new job. 27" Sharp, and the N64 just so I could continue playing the game.

For the ultimate cheat "invincible" I figured out that the Pat Benatar song "invincible" was exactly the time needed to complete that level (2:05) and I'd play it over and over in my apartment to get that cheat.

Good times. Guess I should have been out trying to find wimmin, but whatever.

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Couple things about GE:

Our one neighbor in college had this game, and it was all we ever played. Jon was so good at it, we'd all just gather on the couch, and watch him play, like it was a movie. His moves were that fluid. He also had a 600watt or something huge, sound system. He had a mixer that he'd put techno on, and they had a string of Christmas lights up going...wait, I'm going somewhere else with this. Oh yeah, well, he'd play music, and still the game's sounds would come through like a sound track. Loved it.

Also, the TV I'm using downstairs for this was one of my first purchases after college with my new job. 27" Sharp, and the N64 just so I could continue playing the game.

For the ultimate cheat "invincible" I figured out that the Pat Benatar song "invincible" was exactly the time needed to complete that level (2:05) and I'd play it over and over in my apartment to get that cheat.

Good times. Guess I should have been out trying to find wimmin, but whatever.

Yeah, we used to smoke herb while playing too.

I've got a couple buddies that are ridiculously good at video games. Frustrating, but impressive. And, I don't remember the invincible cheat.

Blog Entries

Um, didn't a bunch of Konami games use that code?

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    Um, didn't a bunch of Konami games use that code?
    Maybe, but I only know of one. I guess I should have had more rules.

New rule: it's gotta be the game I played.

Geez, just trying to give away a couple free gas station smokes.

Blog Entries

LOL. Here's a hint everyone; it has to be one of these games: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...ami_code_games

(I only remembered it from the NES, but it seems that there are lots more...)

Blog Entries

I agree with George on the NES Contra part, but I'm pretty sure it got you 30 lives. There may have been other games that used the code, but they all stood in the shadow of Contra's giant, swinging, earth dragging weiner. One of the best NES games ever. If you say any of the other games that may have used that code and not Contra I'm starting a ban poll on you. :)

Is this response too early? I remember there being a start time in the rules but I am too deep into typing this out and too lazy to go back and look.

Thread Information