Quote Originally Posted by tc3driver View Post
No I don't agree with you, I think paying for a service that should be free is foolish... but continue in your rose hazed world.
I didn't say you agreed with me, just that your statements were bullshit. See my proofs in my previous post.

And, you don't know me near well enough to understand my take on the what's going on in this world.

BTW You act as if this is the first time you've had a real discussion with opposing views. Be factual, don't exaggerate, and relax. Nobody's eating your lunch, just calling it like I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
There are SO many things I love about being in a Capitalist state - not the least of which is all the cool toys we have! But - gotta be honest too - I'm not thrilled with the way M$ and Sony suck money out of their products. It's definitely Capitalist, all right, but I guess I'm struggling understanding why I should have to pay for anything that used to be free - even if it's just paying a "small" charge to play a stupid video game online. The concept just creeps me out...

And I am incredibly P.O.'d that what used to cost me $25/month (POTS phone service) now costs me north of $200 for the "bundle" so that I can keep up with the world...

But I do also get it (as much as I hate it) - cool toy development does have a cost...
I understand, and agree. Unfortunately, it's something we'll never get away from at this point.

My biggest problem was the "They want to charge me $5 a month for something I'm already paying for". You're not paying for Netflix (although that is part of it). You're paying for a whole slew of things. One example is getting two free games every month if you decide to download them. Does that mean the games cost $2.05 each? If so, I guess Netflix is free.