Thread: Wynwood ~ Robusto

Blog Entries

Default Wynwood ~ Robusto

Ok, I'm trying a quick format for this one. I'm just going to type as I review, and only 1 pic of the prelight.

These are the ones that TGT was referring to in the box split thread, and thanks in advance for sending me some to try out. Here we go:

Prelight: Colorado shade wrapper, nice construction and a faint tobacco scent. Cut prelight taste is a slight pepper sweet tobacco. Here we go:

Light: Pretty easy with a Bic. Has a medium draw.

1st 3rd: Comes off the bat peppery. Some background sweet tobacco, and wooodsy notes. Toothy. I'm having some Founders ~ Red's Rye PA with this. Seems to be a nice compliment sofar.There's a slight tannic note to it at this point, a bit tangy.

Ash: Sturdy, and medium gray. Holds on for about 3/4"

2nd 3rd: Spicy has subsided. Now more of a toasty woodsy taste. Some tannic notes, and still somewhat toothy. Leaves a slight oily aftertaste. Gonna give it a purge after this third.

3rd 3rd: Purge was good. Leaving a tangy tannic note, woodsy, and sweet tobacco. Still toothy. A medium body cigar, with medium flavor. This kinda reminds me of those Cerberus cigars that we couldn't get recently.

Overall Impression: Good cigar. Not mind blowing, but solid. Thanks again TGT for the chance to try one!!!

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Thanks. I haven't had a mind-blowing cigar in quite a while.

What does "toothy" mean? (or other examples of toothy cigars).

Blog Entries

To me, a fresh Padron maduro 3000 is toothy, or a lot of Nicaraguan cigars. This is a honouran puro, I gather.

I use the term "toothy" as kind of the opposite to really smooth and creamy. Not a bad thing, just different.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Ah. Sounds like something that isn't for me, but others will like. (I like smooth :-)

Thanks for the review, and I agree. I think I may enjoy them a bit more than you, but mind blowing they are not.

Thread Information