I have been shopping around for a larger humidor, but I just couldn't see buying any of those Chinese-made things. While I am not opposed to them on the basis of they are TOTAL crap, they just didn't quite meet my expectations in size, color or operation. (For example, I have a HARD time believing that huge sheet of glass in a door with a 3 inch frame is going to seal.) My wife didn't like any of the sizes or colors, but she agreed to let me get one.

Well, I finally decided to go the Coolidor way. Today, I bought a 150 QT Coleman Cooler that has the slots in it. I ordered some Spanish cedar 3/8" planks to make the shelves. I bought a hygrometer from Walmart (snicker). I ordered 1.5 pounds of Heartfelt 65% humidity beads. I also checked on some 2" high density foam to set the cooler on. JoAnne Fabric sells it. (If anyone has a better idea, let me know.) Finally, I ordered 8 12.5 x 7.5 x 2.5 inch trays with dividers. I don't want to keep opening boxes to move cigars around. I just want them in the open so I can look at them.

I'll post pictures when I get the ingredients all at my house and when I get it together and loaded. I'm pretty excited about it, even though it's a simple thing.