Thread: CAO The Sopranos Edition opinions wanted

Default CAO The Sopranos Edition opinions wanted

Hey guys
    I was hoping I could get your opinion on something.
    Today I found two boxes of these cigars at a store
    CAO The Sopranos Edition (they are no longer made)
    http://www.cigarsinternational.com/c...ranos-edition/

Both boxes are sealed (unopened) but are kept in wooden cabinets with other cigars (not humidified)
    Price is very good on them.

Question for you I got:
    Do you think its worth the buy? (50$ a box)
    Do you think they are probably dry? (They might have been sitting there for quiet some years)
    If they are dry and I try to revive them, worth it?

Thanks for in advance

Quote Originally Posted by eg0rka View Post
    Hey guys
    I was hoping I could get your opinion on something.
    Today I found two boxes of these cigars at a store
    CAO The Sopranos Edition (they are no longer made)
    http://www.cigarsinternational.com/c...ranos-edition/

Both boxes are sealed (unopened) but are kept in wooden cabinets with other cigars (not humidified)
    Price is very good on them.

Question for you I got:
    Do you think its worth the buy? (50$ a box)
    Do you think they are probably dry? (They might have been sitting there for quiet some years)
    If they are dry and I try to revive them, worth it?

Thanks for in advance
    They were a decent cigar, but really did seem a tad bit overpriced - likely because it carried the Soprano's name and had a cool cigar box.

However - it's very difficult for anyone on this forum to intelligently answer your question about how dry they are, or if they will be smokeable if they're rehydrated. There are so many variables...

For me - $50 would be a decent enough price to buy them and throw them in my coolidor for a year or so to see how they smoke afterwards. And - if the suck - I won't feel bad tossing them in the trash...

...or - I could use them as giveaways to impress the heck out of the puffer fishes...

Blog Entries

I don't have a lot of experience re-hydrating cigars, but I DID do it for my neighbor who had some cigars in a humidor without humidity for over a year. I put them in my humidor for a year and then we smoked them.

I don't remember what cigar brand it was, but I DO remember that while they were smokable, they tasted stale, so whatever "other" taste they may have had, every puff had stale mixed in with it. We threw them away without remorse.

I agree that I think it would depend. If they were sealed in the box, maybe they would be OK after a year in a nice stable humidity. They might be good enough to smoke, who knows? I wouldn't spend my $50 on each of them personally because for $100 I could get a box or a half box of something that I know would be good. I'm just not into taking chances and while I like the Sopranos quite a bit, they aren't THAT good, if you know what I mean.

So, I didn't say anything differently than George, but I used a lot of words to say it!

That helps
    I shall toss that idea.
    Thanks guys
    Last edited by ggiese; 01-18-2014 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Sorry. I hit the wrong button (edit is next to reply...)

Quote Originally Posted by eg0rka View Post
    That helps
    I shall toss that idea.
    Thanks guys
    I betcha you could buy those and turn around and sell 'em on puff.com - they'd go NUTS over a "group buy" and would rave about how great they were. LOL

Blog Entries

I don't mind gorillas; but puffer fish should only become pink.

Blog Entries

I doubt they're too dried out to be ruined. The price seems okay but what size cigars are the boxes you're looking at, are they the Boss, the Associate or the whatever the third size is?

Personally, I wouldn't buy them because I don't like those cigars, even for $50.00 a box but if they're cigars that you like then you may as well buy them.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Thread Information