Gonna buy mine just in case.

Group buy???? Who's hosting?
    Yay! Cigars!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mizicke5273 View Post
    Group buy???? Who's hosting?
    I like where your head is at.

Blog Entries

You're giving me nightmares about my Ozark childhood..... I mean who here has been to Dogpatch, USA and who's been there as many times as me??

On the way ANYWHERE, there are Ozark Gift Shops every 2 miles. We had so much of that Ozark, Hick crap in our house that I thought Jeff Foxworthy must be a relative to know all that "stuff" about us!

(As a side note, if you've been to "South of the Border", then that is what an Ozark store looks like...same thing, different time zone.)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by illilli View Post
    You're giving me nightmares about my Ozark childhood..... I mean who here has been to Dogpatch, USA and who's been there as many times as me??

On the way ANYWHERE, there are Ozark Gift Shops every 2 miles. We had so much of that Ozark, Hick crap in our house that I thought Jeff Foxworthy must be a relative to know all that "stuff" about us!

(As a side note, if you've been to "South of the Border", then that is what an Ozark store looks like...same thing, different time zone.)
    I spent all my childhood summers in Pyatt. Went to Dogpatch a few times. Used to love the water slide in Harrison too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    I spent all my childhood summers in Pyatt. Went to Dogpatch a few times. Used to love the water slide in Harrison too.
    I'm surprised because Dogpatch was way out in the middle of nowhere. I've been to Witchita a few times. My dad used to live there and I visited him for a week before I joined the military. He delivered papers and I went on his route each day and then we sat around in some cafe drinking coffee all day....that's about all there was to do in Witchita....

In my childhood, I lived in Great Bend, KS and Weir, KS. And, of course, since I lived in Joplin, MO so much of my life, I've been to Galena, KS a LOT. (Kansas drinking age was 18 versus 21 in Missouri.) We used to roll over to Galena and get a case of Little Kings and then drive to some field and get drunk listening to "Metal" -

Quote Originally Posted by illilli View Post
    I'm surprised because Dogpatch was way out in the middle of nowhere. I've been to Witchita a few times. My dad used to live there and I visited him for a week before I joined the military. He delivered papers and I went on his route each day and then we sat around in some cafe drinking coffee all day....that's about all there was to do in Witchita....

In my childhood, I lived in Great Bend, KS and Weir, KS. And, of course, since I lived in Joplin, MO so much of my life, I've been to Galena, KS a LOT. (Kansas drinking age was 18 versus 21 in Missouri.) We used to roll over to Galena and get a case of Little Kings and then drive to some field and get drunk listening to "Metal" -
    So I've got one word for you... Lambert's.

Crazy it is - I love that place.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    So I've got one word for you... Lambert's.

Crazy it is - I love that place.
    I've never eaten there. However, I've eaten at Fred and Red's my whole life. Nothing like that on the planet. I think they finally closed up this last year. I ate there about two years ago with our whole family. It was so ....home to me. Not the restaurant necessarily, but the feel of how the building hadn't changed since I was a small child. It was like an Icon of everything that makes my hometown, what it is.

Alright, HiJack is OVER! I sure love me some paddles up my shit creek...er, or something like that...

Thread Information