Ive searched a bit but not able to find anything with this search engine relating to what I got. So instead of starting a new thread Ill just hijack this one

So I have calibrated my hygrometer and found it to be 15 % off(high). So Im gonna buy a new one. I did adjust the one I got but not very happy with it and not able to trust it. Buying a digital.

In the mean time My issue seems to be that by humidor is too wet. The humidity is too high (80%). So I took the regulator out (have the circle one from the shop gonna get 65 beads) and opened the box to let it dry and put the cigars into the opened box. My question for you all.

1- If i run high in the humidor and keep the cigars in it how long will i be good for? The new hygrometer will take 3-5 business days

2- is is better to do what im doing for this short time or should i keep the cigars out of the humidor for now? With the box opened the humidity came down to 72 but seems to be holding there.Im afraid if I close the box it will rise again.

Thanx Dan