What do I mean by crash, The humidity level drops at about 10% a week, no matter the humidification method that is used.

I have used everything from the cheap disk style moisturizers to the Heartfelt beads. I should note that my humidor is only rated to a maximum of 25 cigars at this time (I have a larger one on the way). Admitting that I am a complete and total nublet when it comes to cigars, humidors, and other interesting things, I may be totally at fault for these crashes. When I first got it, I just assumed that you toss your cigars in with a wet moisturizer... then I searched, low and behold one needs to "season" a humidor, so I followed the basic tutorials that can be found across the net. I did some dumb things that people recommend, like wiping the interior with water, which under deeper research is actually bad to very bad, causing the need for me to (lightly) re-sand the interior of my humidor from the grains in the wood that raised.

Next I left a bowl of distilled water in the humidor for 48 hours. With further research it seems that this too is not enough. So now I am using the boveda 84% packs and am going to let it sit there for about 2 weeks (my cigars are currently in a ziplock baggy with a xicar humidification jar and are sitting at 71% RH @ ~ 72 Deg), so I think they will be fine for the next 2-3 weeks while I try to re-season this small humidor.

I am starting to run a theory, Like salt water tanks, reef tanks in particular, it is usually easier to start with a much larger tank than you may want. The smaller the tank you run the faster a crash happens, a the larger the tank, the slower the crash happens and it is easier to catch. Again I think this may be the way with Humidors.

I could also be way off base, We'll see what happens with the new humidor when it comes, it is a Daniel Marshall Ambiente Black Humidor, and I have the boveda packs ready to toss in it and start the seasoning off, hopefully right.