Thread: Guaging Interest---Roll your own cigars

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default Guaging Interest---Roll your own cigars

Have you ever thought about rolling your own cigars? I know SAWB does, and I do as well.

Many of us have been to events that have a roller present, and some have had the opportunity to actually roll their own cigars. There are probably hundreds of videos on the interweb that provide hints and demonstrate the mechanics of rolling. Seriously, it's really not that hard to do. At any event that I've been to that had a roller present, the guy had the recipe of fillers already constructed and rolled into the binder....all they really did was apply the wrapper.

We can take this a step farther and actually create the blend(s). Here's what I'd like to do:
    I can obtain several different varieties of fillers/binders/wrappers. Take a look here: http://www.wholeleaftobacco.com/Cigar-Tobaccos_c10.htm to get an idea of varieties and pricing. I can probably work something out with the owner of that site, maybe get some tobacco's not listed on the website, maybe get a little break on the pricing, we'll see depending on the interest.

I was thinking this would allow all of us to actually see for ourselves the variety of tastes and profiles that can be produced by altering the blends. A little more ligero here, some extra viso there, maybe a shade wrapper this time....or an oscuro....or corojo, etc. We can post our blends and reviews as we go.

We can work out all the details if there is enough interest. I would think 5-6 participants would be enough.

Anybody up for it?

Players:
    Me
    badwhale
    mangyrat
    TheGreekTitan
    kingbeefy
    Mizicke5273
    mrtr33

Tobaccos of interest:
    Habano
    Criollo