Thread: Puro Pot Pass VI

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cigarbear View Post
    I'm wrong on the lancero. It was one of their test brands that JR sold a couple years back. It's more of a 44 or 46 ring guage I think. It's been too long since I actually bought anything...
    Hmmm... Here's a fact I was unaware of until just now...

"The Spanish company Altadis S.A. acquired a 51% controlling interest in the company in 2003. The company continues to operate as a subsidiary of Altadis." - Source: Wikipedia

So - it would make sense that JR was selling a "lancero" (or whatever the heck it is) as "test" vitola of their (Altadis') H Upmann cigar...

I'm not a huge fan of H Upmann, but how is the "lancero"? Looks to be a very nice ~$5 cigar (e.g. Ecuadorian wrapper, Nicaraguan binder, Dominican filler). I'm quite intrigued...
    Last edited by ggiese; 03-14-2014 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post

I'm not a huge fan of H Upmann, but how is the "lancero"? Looks to be a very nice ~$5 cigar (e.g. Ecuadorian wrapper, Nicaraguan binder, Dominican filler). I'm quite intrigued...
    I like 'em. I bought a couple of different years and haven't had a bad one yet. It's pretty smooth with enough bit but no spice. I'd call it a medium but almost borderline mild flavor. It would work with coffee or a lager but I'd rather something fuller for Scotch or an IPA.

Thread Information