Thread: I was bored again!

Default I was bored again!

yeah... this is less a tool for others and more a tool for me.

I know someone here has made a humidor monitor in the past, I decided to try my hand at it.

Here are the end results:
    http://digitalmalice.com/humidor.php

I should be able to get my second humidor online sometime in the next couple of weeks.

I may make a detailed post on the construction and code required to complete the project, once I have a bit more time to document it.[INDENT]
    "Keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious.....And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries

wow that's different !

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Blog Entries

I love the young generation of geeks; they are big on showy and little on explanation. What caused that dip there on your little graph?

(I love it by the way....just so you know.)

Quote Originally Posted by illilli View Post
    I love the young generation of geeks; they are big on showy and little on explanation. What caused that dip there on your little graph?

(I love it by the way....just so you know.)
    Slight bug in the code, Caused the firmware to freeze, thus was reporting the last temp and humidity, I bounced it at that time and uploaded new firmware to hopefully remedy the issue, there was another bug which I have zapped causing the other bumps that happened a few hours later. I hope I have got most of the bugs.

I may install some pressure tape to tell if the humidor is opened to explain wild shifts in humidity/temp, but I have yet to find any that is thin enough, so I may use conductive tape for that project. Those are next steps though.

This may be a base for an active coolidor controller that I am dreaming up... cooling, heating, fans, bead/sponge reservoirs, multiple inputs in different locations in the cooler, and some sort of logic to use the fans to keep the entire thing as even as possible. That is far down the road though.
    "Keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious.....And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by tc3driver View Post
    Slight bug in the code, Caused the firmware to freeze, thus was reporting the last temp and humidity, I bounced it at that time and uploaded new firmware to hopefully remedy the issue, there was another bug which I have zapped causing the other bumps that happened a few hours later. I hope I have got most of the bugs.

I may install some pressure tape to tell if the humidor is opened to explain wild shifts in humidity/temp, but I have yet to find any that is thin enough, so I may use conductive tape for that project. Those are next steps though.

This may be a base for an active coolidor controller that I am dreaming up... cooling, heating, fans, bead/sponge reservoirs, multiple inputs in different locations in the cooler, and some sort of logic to use the fans to keep the entire thing as even as possible. That is far down the road though.
    I like it too!

I run a Hyrdra-SM electronic humidifier in my humi. Could this be interfaced with it?

It would be cool to check my RH on my PC rather than have to go look at it all the time.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    I like it too!

I run a Hyrdra-SM electronic humidifier in my humi. Could this be interfaced with it?

It would be cool to check my RH on my PC rather than have to go look at it all the time.
    Thanks!

At this point I would have to say no, more because I would have to get one and take it apart to see if there are any interfaces that could be used for this purpose, or how much room there is to replace the guts with something that would work.

Quote Originally Posted by tc3driver View Post
    Thanks!

At this point I would have to say no, more because I would have to get one and take it apart to see if there are any interfaces that could be used for this purpose, or how much room there is to replace the guts with something that would work.
    I may have to replace mine. It's been acting a little funny lately and not been keeping the RH at a nice constant level. When I saw your response I immediately thought about ordering a new one and sending you this one. But then I thought, "probably smarter to just by some Heartfelt beads instead". So now I'm undecided.

If the day comes I build a coolerador, I'll be contacting you to ask what hygrometer you used for this...
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Thread Information