Thread: Different shapes change the taste at all?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	3664
    Here's Gizmo. I miss this little bugger. I'm not a huge cat person(read below for my reasons why) - but this little guy was exceptional.

We (not me, but those close to me) had to fill a void when Gizmo died an untimely death. Gizmo was a real sweetheart - and I greatly missed him. He was a very loving and wonderful cat. I'm of the mind you just can't replace one cat with another - it's impossible to recreate the personality. Unfortunately for me ('cause I apparently was the only one who saw it coming) it took three cats to figure out we could not replace Gizmo.

Cat 1 - Elizabeth ("Lizzie"). She's "special"... And I'm being kind... Lizzie was the offspring of a feral cat - adopted by a teenager who thought she was "cute". When the girl could no longer care for her (I believe it took about a week to realize it), my daughter took her in. Lizzie was initially nice and sweet - but is now completely neurotic... She does not like anyone except my wife - and has developed some very bizarre ritual of showing up in the bedroom at about 3 a.m. - meowing loudly and mumbling something that sounds like obscenities. She dances on my sleeping wife... Quite a strange sight.. And - she just loves to pee on just about everything that's not hung up or in a drawer (jackets, beds, clothes, towels... You name it). ...and if you leave the drawer open - it's fair game...). Every day it hear someone cursing Lizzie's name. And she absolutely LOVES to claw the furniture.

Cat 2 - when Lizzie started to slip into her bi-polar condition - my daughter adopted Faye from a local shelter. Faye is good, but not great. She's more friendly than Lizzie, but only likes people to pet her on her terms. And if you pet her too much, she will let you know by sinking teeth and digging in with her claws. And she has the most incredibly sharp nails (she, not unlike Lizzie, takes great pride in ripping apart the furniture). When I catch her digging her claws into the leather couch - I get the "....what?!? This is what cats do! Ain't it cute? Don't you just love me?!?" - and then she slowly saunters away...

Finally - Cat 3 - there's Roscoe. Roscoe was mommy's pick to replace Gizmo. He loves anyone and everyone - and he is fearless. I have to watch him like a hawk - he loves to explore everything. That sucker sees the dog go out - so apparently assumes he should go out too... He's a quiet one - sneaks around all the time. I'm scared to death to let him outside - the little shit is likely to explore himself right into a swift kick in his ass (he can be REALLY annoying). He had a love affair for a time with a stuffed tiger one of the grand kids had laying around. It was short lived because he ended up ripping the crap out of it (apparently he likes his sex rough, I guess). We tried hard to discourage the relationship, but you just know how teenagers are... He's since taken up dating two of my wife's blankets (he snatches them off the bed and drags them to the dark recesses of the hallway). It's a strange relationship - and absolutely grosses the wife out - but I think it's cute! I mean - c'mon - Roscoe was handpicked by momma - the least she can do is support her son's choices in soul mates...

So that's my eclectic crew. I'd love to take a picture of all three, but there ain't no way the three will ever hang out and look "cute". Ain't never gonna happen...

Hahaha Wait till they're 20!!! Then you will be yearning for these days!! Great post, enjoyed the read.
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Jasmine is beautiful. Same colors that ours was. Thanks for all the info. Am going to order some Davidoffs' today.

Blog Entries

yes jazz looks just like my cat...very pretty.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Thread Information