Thread: Cigarillos / Which One's Are Worthy Of A Purchase ?

Default Cigarillos / Which One's Are Worthy Of A Purchase ?

Hello,

I recently gave up cigarettes for cigars. The main reason I did so was being tired of inhaling and the negative health effects that go with it. I find myself just as satisfied with cigars and my lungs don't feel fried. The smell of a cigar is more pleasing and it satisfies my craving for gourmet whether it be wine food fragrances tequila etc. If you are going to do something sinful then do it right is what I say.

I am attracted to the cigarillos because they are short lived and do not require a humidor. Also I don't want to smoke anything for more than a few minutes at a time. This can be smoked in a club or bar without too much concern about complaints. These are perfect for me.

I do have a few questions though for more experienced smokers.

1. My local cigar shop turned me onto Hoyo De Monterrey/ Jose Gener Excalibur Regulars. They have a full cigar taste in a very small package. They also showed me the Davidoff Cigarillo version. I read somewhere that they use shavings from their finest cigars to make these cigarillos. Can anyone verify this for me ? I use a coffee called BUSTELO which can be found for very cheap which is made from expensive coffee ends of higher priced coffees. It is one of the best kept secrets in the coffee world. Can anyone turn me onto something similar in the cigar world in cigarillo form ?

Besides these two brands that I mentioned what other high quality cigarillos can you recommend me ? It seems like several of the higher end brands have bad reviews IE. Cohiba.

2. If you had to shop online for cigars which website would you trust the most ? Do you worry about old product when you shop online ?

3. Why do cigarillos do well without a humidor and how long do they last in a tin ? Can you moisten them if you want and how would you do it without a humidor ?

4. Is there such a thing as a pocket humidor ?

5. I live in NYC and normally shop at De La Concha on W.57th Street. There is a Montecristo store close by and a Davidoff store close by. Are those worth checking out ?

Thank You so much for reading and taking the time to respond. Hopefully I can aid another member in the future.

Enjoy your smoke today.

My favorite cigarillo type cigar is the Quinteros Brevas. Too bad you can't find them around these parts...

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    My favorite cigarillo type cigar is the Quinteros Brevas. Too bad you can't find them around these parts...
    Interesting. It looks like those have quite a history behind them. I will keep an eye out for them when I am in Latin America.

4. Default

Do they speak latin there?
    The older I get ,the better I was

http://www.mehariscigars.com/

I like the above. I've tried several different ones and thought they were all decent.

I do keep them in my humidor..........
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Quote Originally Posted by cnyc View Post
    Interesting. It looks like those have quite a history behind them. I will keep an eye out for them when I am in Latin America.
    The good news is - as far as I can tell, no one is counterfeiting Quinteros Brevas cigars...

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    Do they speak latin there?

SPANISH is widely understood in....LATIN AMERICA.
    Last edited by cnyc; 03-19-2014 at 12:35 PM.

SPANISH is widely understood in....LATIN AMERICA.
    He asked if Latin was "spoken" there, which I'd imagine it is to some extent. To your point, Spanish is widely "understood" in much of the world. Besides, everyone knows that in Latin America they speak American, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreekTitan View Post
    He asked if Latin was "spoken" there, which I'd imagine it is to some extent. To your point, Spanish is widely "understood" in much of the world. Besides, everyone knows that in Latin America they speak American, of course.
    Sorry. I was under the impression that most people knew that Latin America is used to describe all spanish speaking countries within the Americas. These would include Mexico, Central America , South America and the spanish speaking caribbean islands. That's where the cigars come from !

English is NOT widely spoken in several of these Latin Countries. You need to speak SPANISH.

I don't think anyone speaks LATIN anymore besides the pope.

Can we get back to discussing more important issues like SMOKING.

Blog Entries

Sorry. I was under the impression that most people knew that Latin America is used to describe all spanish speaking countries within the Americas. These would include Mexico, Central America , South America and the spanish speaking caribbean islands. That's where the cigars come from !

English is NOT widely spoken in several of these Latin Countries. You need to speak SPANISH.

I don't think anyone speaks LATIN anymore besides the pope.

Can we get back to discussing more important issues like SMOKING.
    We'll discuss whatever we want to discuss, and guess what, it's most likely not cigarillos. Smart to pick the most cigarette like cigar there is, to give up, cigarettes.
    BTW, aren't Haiti and Paraguay in Latin America?

11. Default

Spainish is spoken in Spain, I learned it in grade school taught by a woman from Spain. Some inbred jibberish is spoken by the illegal immigrants I see here. I honestly wonder why it is called Latin America?

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    We'll discuss whatever we want to discuss, and guess what, it's most likely not cigarillos. Smart to pick the most cigarette like cigar there is, to give up, cigarettes.
    Trolling a newbie is not polite. I expect more from a grown man.

Considering Paraguay is located in *South America YES. Spanish is spoken but so is the local indian language called GUARANI.

YES very astute Haiti and the Dominican Republic were once one island called HISPANIOLA. Haiti is NOT considered to be part of Latin America. You won't find many haitians speaking spanish in Haiti. They speak a creole version of FRENCH often referred to as pigeon french. It is butchered to death.

Cigarillos are good for me. I don't want to smoke for an hour at a time and I don't want to use a humidor...perfect for travel and low key enough for club and bar use. PERFECT...glad I chose those over the larger size cigars.

I can tell that a lot of you guys are douchebags. This is not the type of "community" that I am looking for. I'd be better off asking the sales staff at my local cigar store for information.

Adios

*** Thank You to those members who did respond to my original question....much appreciated.
    Last edited by cnyc; 03-19-2014 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    Spainish is spoken in Spain, I learned it in grade school taught by a woman from Spain. Some inbred jibberish is spoken by the illegal immigrants I see here. I honestly wonder why it is called Latin America?
    Castellano is spoken in Spain.

The inbreds that you speak of are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. Too bad so many close minded Americans can't appreciate diversity.
    Last edited by cnyc; 03-19-2014 at 09:56 PM.

Blog Entries

Considering Paraguay is located in *South America YES. Spanish is spoken but so is the local indian language called GUARANI.

YES very astute Haiti and the Dominican Republic were once one island called HISPANIOLA. It is NOT considered to be part of Latin America. You won't find many haitians speaking spanish in Haiti. They speak a creole version of FRENCH often referred to as pigeon french. It is butchered to death.

Cigarillos are good for me. I don't want to smoke for an hour at a time and I don't want to use a humidor...perfect for travel and low key enough for club and bar use. PERFECT...glad I chose those over the larger size cigars.

I can tell that a lot of you guys are douchebags. This is not the type of "community" that I am looking for. I'd be better off asking the sales staff at my local cigar store for information. Adios

*** Thank You to those members who did respond to my original question....much appreciated.
    Unwelcome from Bitterville!
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

The inbreds that you speak of are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. Too bad so many close minded Americans can't appreciate diversity.
    Diversity.

That's an old, old wooden ship, right?

Blog Entries

YES very astute Haiti and the Dominican Republic were once one island called HISPANIOLA. Haiti is NOT considered to be part of Latin America. You won't find many haitians speaking spanish in Haiti. They speak a creole version of FRENCH often referred to as pigeon french. It is butchered to death.

I can tell that a lot of you guys are douchebags. This is not the type of "community" that I am looking for. I'd be better off asking the sales staff at my local cigar store for information.

Adios

Don't let the door hit ya.

17. Default

Fail ,re read my post retard and get off your hispanic high horse. I doubt this is the place you were looking for also. I think you are looking for handjobville.[

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    I believe Brazil is also in Latin America too... Or do they exclude Brazil because the official language is Portuguese?

...go to Puerto Rico and speak English outside of the resorts. Chances are you'll find they won't understand you...

Adios

My, my - someone is certainly sensitive... Good thing you want to move on - I'd sure hate for you to stick around and be miserable...

Besides - seriously - what could you possibly want from this community that you could not get from your local cigar shop?

...I just hate it when we lose such a fine and upstanding member like cynic. I'm quite certain he had much to offer, if you know what I mean.
    Last edited by ggiese; 03-20-2014 at 11:42 AM.

Thread Information